• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe trying to "ease load on Lobo"

I suggested on the other boards (maybe Premium) that having co-coordinators may be a way to give some assistants a chance to step up take a bigger role, perhaps a tryout.

If there was a chance Lobo would be demoted from OC, this is how it would happen. Let's say the passing game looks really good under Elrod and Galloway. Grobe could come back next offseason and say Elrod or Galloway will take over playcalling duties and Lobo will move downstairs permanently so he can more directly mentor his young O-linemen.

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm just saying if it was going to happen, this is how it would most likely go down.

I agree Ph.

I am just glad that there is a change taking place. This is much more consistent with the way that Coach Grobe does things too rather than making rash, quick decisions.

That's true too, Ph. Definitely another good way of looking at it.

I am really happy about the Galloway hire. He was also recruiting against us at WVU for a couple kids iirc, so that should really help us there (specifically one in Charlotte).

Yeah, what it comes down to at this point is that Grobe realized there was a problem and made some changes given the opportunity to do so. That's a huge positive. We'll see how it plays out in 5 1/2 months.

Grobie is too nice and loyal to just demote Lobo. So this is his way of weaning Lobo out of the OC position. I say send Lobo to the curb this afternoon, but I'll take this new transition over nothing.

:slash:
Other teams = yellow guy
Ninja = Grobe

He's going to silently destroy the league next year (aka get back to Wake pre-OB)

The dual coordinators may work out, but my initial reaction is that we don't have anyone clearly good enough to step up and run the show.

The dual coordinators may work out, but my initial reaction is that we don't have anyone clearly good enough to step up and run the show.

Exactly what I fear to be the case. So desperately want to be proven wrong.

kinda funny how "FIRE LOBO" never got the attention or wrath compared to #BuzzOut

The same things aren't at stake.

Bzd has the full support of the athletic department people because Wellman has staked everything on Bzd's success. Therefore, those people will support Bzd with great fervor.

Lobo is one of Grobe's assistants. Everyone loves Grobe.

I suggested on the other boards (maybe Premium) that having co-coordinators may be a way to give some assistants a chance to step up take a bigger role, perhaps a tryout.

If there was a chance Lobo would be demoted from OC, this is how it would happen. Let's say the passing game looks really good under Elrod and Galloway. Grobe could come back next offseason and say Elrod or Galloway will take over playcalling duties and Lobo will move downstairs permanently so he can more directly mentor his young O-linemen.

I'm not saying it will happen. I'm just saying if it was going to happen, this is how it would most likely go down.

Here Here !!!!!! WELL SAID !!!!!!

I think having two coordinators is like having two QBs. It means you don't really have one. I like your idea about the slow demotion of Lobo though.

I'm just so glad that we have some new blood in the coaching ranks. My 2 complaints about Wellman were not forcing a coordinator mix up in FB and hiring dipshit in BB. We seem to have fixed one.. :cool:

I hope you all are going to allow us to do multiple quotations. Quoting one post doesn't get the message across.

dv7, I share the same fear, but I'll be positive and assume there are guys willing to step up but the same seniority/afraid to make the call BS that we've see at QB and RB over the years.

I hope you all are going to allow us to do multiple quotations. Quoting one post doesn't get the message across.

dv7, I share the same fear, but I'll be positive and assume there are guys willing to step up but the same seniority/afraid to make the call BS that we've see at QB and RB over the years.

You can hit the "multi-quote" thing and do that. We are working on doing the "quote tree" over here as well. Hopefully we will have that soon.

I'm sure it's just semantics, Grobe will still have one person calling the shots that's really in charge.

He apparently just wants to make sure we have no clue who it is.

This is so convoluted.

Back