• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Group Marriage on the Way?

I know I'm whistling in the dark, but can those of you who are disagreeing with Wrangor please try to emulate him and argue in an honest and sincere fashion? I don't know how much of it's because you're incapable of understanding what he's saying or how much of it's because you're arguing dishonestly, but it's exasperating to see him patiently and calmly restate his position over and over. Show him the same respect he's shown you throughout this thread.

This is rich. Can you try to emulate him too? Like no more profane personal attacks against other posters?

This is such a silly side argument to make. I can't think of a single time in the past 5 years i have supported a politician who made his pitch based primarily on Biblical principles that weren't generally acceptable to the public (i.e.: love your neighbor as yourself).

Not really focusing on the group marriage, which you have presented well on this thread, but it's always been a circular argument in my opinion to say the above.

This is rich. Can you try to emulate him too? Like no more profane personal attacks against other posters?
I admit I sometimes respond in kind to those who attack me and do not always "rise above it" like Wrangor. But you're right, I should not stoop to your level.

Or posting personal thought out opinions formed with your own mind would also be a good place to start. WWWD

This is often done so this post is either coming from a place of extreme ignorance or dishonesty. Instead of simply charting my posts you should actually read them and try to understand them. In addition to posting plenty of articles, I also often share my own thoughts. Just because you happen to disagree with them, or refuse to accept the evidence, does not mean they're not "thought out opinions".

Ok if I have time this weekend I'll chart out posted opinions and thoughts to posted internet crap and response to crap.

Ok if I have time this weekend I'll chart out posted opinions and thoughts to posted internet crap and response to crap.

LOL! You're truly insane. But I love it. Still, you have to admit with this comment you're dishonestly moving the goalposts. Your initial complaint was not about the number of posted opinions as opposed to posted articles/videos. It was that I never posted my opinion, which is clearly horseshit. I didn't get to this number of posts without posting my opinion, a lot. I'm not gonna say you're a dumbass. Because apparently you're a doctor or something like that. So you've gotta be fairly intelligent to get to that point. But you've repeatedly shown yourself to be disingenuous in my dealings with you. You just don't stop. And I don't know why.

attention-whore_o_154167.jpg

I'll lay it out for you. When you post your opinion and say an article that supports that opinion I will read it with an open mind and look to engage with intellectual thought. For example your ideas about immigration, environmental impact and the like. While I don't agree with the solution you propose I do agree with some underlying principals. Such as H1b visas where the entire science field is broken because of this, that's a conversation I will involve myself in even if I don't agree with you. The flip side to that is your alternative persona, for some reason you feel the need to act as some metafilter for all that is anti-Hillary regardless of source or content. In this instance your opinion is Hillary is awful, that has been established, so it doesn't need to be spammed to the board when the content that's being posted is questionable at best. You don't engage it and double down on it because then people attack you for it when you can't really blame them since a lot of it is tabloid at best, like DNC assassination by Hillary. Then you act like anyone not engaging with the anti-Hillary stuff is pro-Hillary when in reality she is a horrible candidate but for most people it's impossible to defend Trump as a whole, I mean you almost can't even get by one day without crazy, the problem I think you have is Trump crazy is rooted in reality so it's not tabloid like information that gets posted. Like he did say Obama founded ISIS so there isn't a Hillary equivalent to be found unless is some dishonest article or opinion pulled from the basement of the Internet. If you want to start a thread that is rooted in Hillary policy you want to discuss go for it and we can compared it to Johnson and Trump. Like something you are passionate about seems to be TPP, I'd love to learn more about it since all you seem to find is partisan talking points on it so different peoples opinions would be great and would help everyone learn something on here from different peoples knowledge and opinions. That means not memes, not "articles" from questionable sources, because when those get involved in going to not be serious because it doesn't warrant my time except to mock and have fun.

I'll lay it out for you. When you post your opinion and say an article that supports that opinion I will read it with an open mind and look to engage with intellectual thought. For example your ideas about immigration, environmental impact and the like. While I don't agree with the solution you propose I do agree with some underlying principals. Such as H1b visas where the entire science field is broken because of this, that's a conversation I will involve myself in even if I don't agree with you. The flip side to that is your alternative persona, for some reason you feel the need to act as some metafilter for all that is anti-Hillary regardless of source or content. In this instance your opinion is Hillary is awful, that has been established, so it doesn't need to be spammed to the board when the content that's being posted is questionable at best. You don't engage it and double down on it because then people attack you for it when you can't really blame them since a lot of it is tabloid at best, like DNC assassination by Hillary. Then you act like anyone not engaging with the anti-Hillary stuff is pro-Hillary when in reality she is a horrible candidate but for most people it's impossible to defend Trump as a whole, I mean you almost can't even get by one day without crazy, the problem I think you have is Trump crazy is rooted in reality so it's not tabloid like information that gets posted. Like he did say Obama founded ISIS so there isn't a Hillary equivalent to be found unless is some dishonest article or opinion pulled from the basement of the Internet. If you want to start a thread that is rooted in Hillary policy you want to discuss go for it and we can compared it to Johnson and Trump. Like something you are passionate about seems to be TPP, I'd love to learn more about it since all you seem to find is partisan talking points on it so different peoples opinions would be great and would help everyone learn something on here from different peoples knowledge and opinions. That means not memes, not "articles" from questionable sources, because when those get involved in going to not be serious because it doesn't warrant my time except to mock and have fun.

I posted this video earlier today. It's from CNN, which many of you consider credible. There has been ZERO interest shown by you or any other Clinton voters in discussing it.

This is a video of the State Department briefing from yesterday that I posted. Again, ZERO interest shown by the Clinton supporters on this board.

You folks have continually refused to engage with most of the bad news surrounding Clinton.

I admit I sometimes respond in kind to those who attack me and do not always "rise above it" like Wrangor. But you're right, I should not stoop to your level.

Nobody else is using profanity like you do. Don't act like we're on the same level as you

I wonder is the slippery slope will let people marry vacuum cleaners and dildos. Why not?

If you don't want a group marriage, DON'T GET ONE.

I posted this video earlier today. It's from CNN, which many of you consider credible. There has been ZERO interest shown by you or any other Clinton voters in discussing it.

This is a video of the State Department briefing from yesterday that I posted. Again, ZERO interest shown by the Clinton supporters on this board.

You folks have continually refused to engage with most of the bad news surrounding Clinton.

You don't respond to criticisms about anti-Hillary spamming with anti-Hillary spamming.

You're easy to ignore because you just throw up a link or clip with nothing else than a rant at the most.

You have a problem with profanity? I had no idea you were so puritanical.

Yeah, I have a problem with using profanity to attack people personally. It's not puritanical, it's common decency. And this is coming from someone who curses like a sailor in everyday conversation, but I would never call someone the names you call people on here

You don't respond to criticisms about anti-Hillary spamming with anti-Hillary spamming.

You're easy to ignore because you just throw up a link or clip with nothing else than a rant at the most.

This is probably the first time a shared clip from a State Department briefing has been classified as spam. You and others repeatedly labeling posts that bother you as spam, in an attempt to justify your denialism and decision to remain ignorant, does not make them spam. I would think most people on here, if they're honest truth seekers and not shills, would get quite a lot out of these clips. But you're not on here to get informed- you're here to get your biases confirmed. You and others post the same shit over and over about Trump, BLM, the cops, etc. You never complain that those posts are spam, but someone raises a note of dissent and makes posts that put Hillary in a bad light and the wailing begins. Maybe you should try being honest with yourself and ask why that is.

Yeah, I have a problem with using profanity to attack people personally. It's not puritanical, it's common decency. And this is coming from someone who curses like a sailor in everyday conversation, but I would never call someone the names you call people on here

Start castigating the people who have been attacking me for months and I might start to take your criticism a bit more seriously.

Back