• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the #1 seeds

CDeacMan

Ishmael Smith
Reaction score
Possible candidates:
Gonzaga
Kansas
Indiana
Louisville
Miami
Duke
Georgetown
Ohio State

I'll say
Gonzaga - West
Kansas - South
Louisville - Midwest
Miami - East

Yeah, it's going to be Indiana, Gonzaga, Louisville, and either Kansas or Miami. I'd probably go Kansas there.

Possible candidates:
Gonzaga
Kansas
Indiana
Louisville
Miami
Duke
Georgetown
Ohio State

I'll say
Gonzaga - West
Kansas - South
Louisville - Midwest
Miami - East

Gonzaga
Miami
Louisville
Kansas.

The Big Ten Conference deserves a #1 seed, but I can't find a Big Ten team that does, if that makes any sense.

The Big Ten Conference deserves a #1 seed, but I can't find a Big Ten team that does, if that makes any sense.

Definitely agree with this. Indiana probably will still get one as the Big Ten representative, but I don't think they are playing their best basketball right now.

Miami should get one, but will probably get overlooked just because of the name on their jersey. I don't think anyone doubts that if Duke or UNC won the ACC regular season and tournament it would even be a question of whether they would get a #1 seed.

Every team to win both the ACC regular season and tourney has gotten a 1. Also, the ACC is better than the Big 12 this year believe it or not.

Also, if Duke gets special consideration for Kelly being out, then the FGC loss should be thrown out as well. Was it Scott or Reggie that was out for that game?

Indiana won at Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State. They absolutely deserve a #1 seed, and possibly the #1 overall.

Mine:
Indiana
Louisville
Kansas
Gonzaga
----
Miami

Kansas has 13 RPI top 50 wins, that's hard to ignore. Miami winds up as the #2 in the West with Gonzaga which is hardly a bad break

Duke, unc, Kentucky, Kansas. Vitale has already sent Wellman the order.

Every team to win both the ACC regular season and tourney has gotten a 1. Also, the ACC is better than the Big 12 this year believe it or not.

That's fine, but this is a really strange year with a mid-major locking up a 1 seed, and somebody's gotta be the odd man out. It's not absurd to think that might be Miami.

I really doubt Miami gets sent out West. I think if neither Miami or Duke get a one seed that Duke goes out West and Miami gets the South #2.

Sightly off topic, but is St. Louis for real? Has anyone seen them play? Of course their game today was blacked out in NC. I mean the A10 was no joke this year and they rolled butler and VCu a couple times each...

It definitely is not a lock, I'm just arguing their case cause I think they should get it.

Sightly off topic, but is St. Louis for real? Has anyone seen them play? Of course their game today was blacked out in NC. I mean the A10 was no joke this year and they rolled butler and VCu a couple times each...

It was on TWC 111 today. Pretty solid game.

I really doubt Miami gets sent out West. I think if neither Miami or Duke get a one seed that Duke goes out West and Miami gets the South #2.

All depends on how they view Gonzaga. If they are viewed as the weakest #1, which I believe they will be, and Miami is the strongest #2, I don't see why they wouldn't get shipped out there.

Would be like in '05 when Washington was the weakest 1 and we were the strongest 2 and both got shipped west

Of course really I'd argue that Gonzaga doesn't deserve one - definitely the problem that usually comes up in football (see Notre Dame)

Back