• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the #1 seeds

St. Louis is for real. This is the best year for mid-majors in a long time (hell even low majors). Belmont, St. Louis, Gonzaga, Virginia Commonwealth, Middle Tennessee State, St. Marys, Creighton, Wichita State are all good. They might not all get into the tournament, but if they weren't mid-majors they definitely would.

Not to mention that the MWC is stacked but I just consider them a power conference now.

No ACC team that has won the regular season and the ACC Tournament has not been seeded a #1 in the NCAA's.

Miami
Indiana
Louisville
Gonzaga

I'm sitting at a gate in the Atlanta airport awaiting a flight to Seattle. Guy across from me has a Gonzaga t-shirt on. Lady next to me makes a comment about it and a big discussion starts about the Zags.
I just smiled and listened in. I couldn't bring myself to say 'hey, I'm a Wake fan. Ever heard of them? We used to be pretty good at basketball.'

Belmont looked a little off despite winning the OVC tourney. Murray State had an epic collapse to lose the finals. Also not sure what to think of MVC teams at this point.

well... Miami's loss to Wake may end up costing them a 1-seed

L'ville
Zag
IU
Miami

#2 seeds

Kansas
Duke
Ohio State
Michigan

OSU came close to playing themselves back into a 1 seed,ending with 7 straight and winning the conf tourney, but they still don't deserve it.

Zags
Hoosiers
Canes
Cards

Louisville
Indiana
Gonzaga
Kansas

Narrowly missing:
Duke
Miami
Ohio State

Georgetown as the final two without serious consideration as a 1.

Dang man. I really miss being in the tourney, even on the bubble. I'm watching this Bracketology on ESPN, and the only time we're mentioned is when they talk about whether Miami deserves the last one seed. Its their bad losses that we're under. Thats upsetting to see that we're considered a bad loss now. All thanks to the idiot(s) leading us. And it's sickening to see how far we've fallen.

Back