• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Guess the VT attendance

The home side never looks as bad because the seats are black, but there were a lot of empties (versus, say, the NCSU game). I agree the student section was much worse though (and I don't really understand why given the larger student body + shuttle).

There are always going to be some pockets of empty, but even the red zone sections were full up to the top. I have seen the home side much more empty for a non-NC ACC home game.

VT will scoop up everything that's left. It will be ugly IMO. I hate VT fans with my whole heart, was up in Blacksburg for a game this year and they treat opposing fans like scum. I hope Wake beats them like they stole something and never let's up. I, for one, will harass every VT fan that sits near me on the hill. I hate them all

Whoever has seats in the second row of the young alumni section on the aisle, stop selling your tickets to opposing fans. I'm tired of drunk asses constantly pissing me off. The YA section is supposed to be one of the solidly Wake sections. Even as a recent graduate people still cannot show any loyalty to their alma mater.

Now, the drunk antics of the first row beside me is always amazing. Keep up the good work.

The students need to get in the stands and where black and gold. A ton of them were wearing carolina blue and pink? I hope they get the memo to wear all black for the VT game

VT will scoop up everything that's left. It will be ugly IMO. I hate VT fans with my whole heart, was up in Blacksburg for a game this year and they treat opposing fans like scum. I hope Wake beats them like they stole something and never let's up. I, for one, will harass every VT fan that sits near me on the hill. I hate them all

Maybe its different for fans of teams that are good. But last year in Blacksburg, before and after the game the Hokie fans were nice and cordial to us; never had any problems.

The home side never looks as bad because the seats are black, but there were a lot of empties (versus, say, the NCSU game). I agree the student section was much worse though (and I don't really understand why given the larger student body + shuttle).

winston_salem_groves1.jpg

Only the two middle sections of the "home side" (5 and 6?) have black chair backs.

Wake should allow the Deacon Club to buy available tix at a reduced price...anything to get more black and gold in the seats.

Related question. Where are the students parking now that they took away all of the Green Lot (former student parking lot?)

Are they all expected to take the shuttle? Are there a lot of shuttles running or is there a long line to get on them?

I must say it was very convenient to carpool over with a bunch of friends, leave the car there and retrieve it the next day.

Also, I read earlier in the year on some thread that student tailgating consists of just fraternities now. Is that true? Do independent students and other student groups tailgate in the same areas as the fraternity tailgates now?

Not an excuse for the poor student attendance, just questions.

Related question. Where are the students parking now that they took away all of the Green Lot (former student parking lot?)

Are they all expected to take the shuttle? Are there a lot of shuttles running or is there a long line to get on them?

I must say it was very convenient to carpool over with a bunch of friends, leave the car there and retrieve it the next day.

Also, I read earlier in the year on some thread that student tailgating consists of just fraternities now. Is that true? Do independent students and other student groups tailgate in the same areas as the fraternity tailgates now?

Not an excuse for the poor student attendance, just questions.

It's pretty much a choice between taking the shuttle or paying for parking. No small groups of students in the official student tailgating area. It's a shitty situation. The AD screwed over the most loyal student fans to try to get all the frat bro's to show up for games.

I was at a bball game of little consequence at the W-S Coliseum (sp) one time, and this guy in the band was apparently doing his homework during the game. All of a sudden everybody started yelling "you you you" at him and he looked up and put his books away and everybody cheered. There are a lot of people like him at WF.

The students need to get in the stands and where black and gold. A ton of them were wearing carolina blue and pink? I hope they get the memo to wear all black for the VT game

As a former (and current) Wake student its always pissed me off the way a vast majority of Wake students treat football games. It embarrasses the hell out of me to watch a bunch wrong color wear over-privileged assholes leave at half-time to go back in the parking lot so they can act like over-privileged assholes. In all truth the demographic of students that suck so hard at being football fans at Wake suck hard at being football fans at every school. They just make up a larger portion of our student body. It's unfortunate... but fuck 'em I'll be sitting there living and dying by every play from start to finish regardless.

As a former (and current) Wake student its always pissed me off the way a vast majority of Wake students treat football games. It embarrasses the hell out of me to watch a bunch wrong color wear over-privileged assholes leave at half-time to go back in the parking lot so they can act like over-privileged assholes In all truth the demographic of students that suck so hard at being football fans at Wake suck hard at being football fans at every school. They just make up a larger portion of our student body. It's unfortunate... but fuck 'em I'll be sitting there living and dying by every play from start to finish regardless.

Exactly....

Let's say (being generous) that most schools have 25% of its student body as true, hard core sports fans. I think the number is probably closer to 10-15% as I am talking about stand in the rain, yell the entire game, camp out for seats sports maniacs.

If you have 25% of those type of fans at a school like FSU w 31,000 people that's 7,500 students.

At Wake that's 1,000 students.

Big difference.

It's pretty much a choice between taking the shuttle or paying for parking. No small groups of students in the official student tailgating area. It's a shitty situation. The AD screwed over the most loyal student fans to try to get all the frat bro's to show up for games.

Figured this would happen. Go back and read the threads about it from the spring for pretty accurate predictions of the cluster this would be.

Very sad as the Green Lot was really starting to come around a fairly legit tailgating scene. Hopefully they will re-evaluate after the season and make some changes.

Still think they should do this for the students....

untitled.jpg

As a former (and current) Wake student its always pissed me off the way a vast majority of Wake students treat football games. It embarrasses the hell out of me to watch a bunch wrong color wear over-privileged assholes leave at half-time to go back in the parking lot so they can act like over-privileged assholes. In all truth the demographic of students that suck so hard at being football fans at Wake suck hard at being football fans at every school. They just make up a larger portion of our student body. It's unfortunate... but fuck 'em I'll be sitting there living and dying by every play from start to finish regardless.

PM Me.

Back