• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gun Control Laws

I don't know why ideals are sometimes lost generation to generation. i myself am guilty of taking the "wanting better for my kids" ideal to the extreme and making things a little to easy for them.

This I will agree with wholeheartedly, especially having attended Wake Forest for 5 years. The level of entitlement around me was sensational. Kids owning two Lexuses, a convertible for the summer and SUV for the winter, and all you hear from them is complaints about food in the Pit and lack of parking. It's frustrating.

But I have no idea how this relates to gun violence.

Based on no research whatsoever, I'd actually posit that most teenagers these days do way more community service, participate in more charitable activities, and are generally more conscientious than their counterparts in prior generations. The difference seems to be that the troubled teenagers today have access to weapons that can kill a lot of people very quickly, where those teenagers in prior generations did not.

There is tons of middle ground between those who refuse to have any logical guns laws added and those who want to away with all handguns. Each is equally impossible.

I think the ideas I posted a few pages ago would garner 60-75% approval if the public would vote on them.

Based on no research whatsoever, I'd actually posit that most teenagers these days do way more community service, participate in more charitable activities, and are generally more conscientious than their counterparts in prior generations. The difference seems to be that the troubled teenagers today have access to weapons that can kill a lot of people very quickly, where those teenagers in prior generations did not.

NOPE. ABORTION.

There is tons of middle ground between those who refuse to have any logical guns laws added and those who want to away with all handguns. Each is equally impossible.

I think the ideas I posted a few pages ago would garner 60-75% approval if the public would vote on them.

But would not, unfortunately, buy 60-75% of the votes. The gun industry has deep pockets and they own Washington. It's so fucked up.

Probably doesn't directly apply to gun violence, good point. And yes, i have been lurking for a few years. And townie deac i mis-typed in earlier post, i was arguing for moral decline. Also i know we are just board posters, not world leaders, but i guess we can strive for the best?

But would not, unfortunately, buy 60-75% of the votes. The gun industry has deep pockets and they own Washington. It's so fucked up.

Gotta take the money out of politics. We've known this for years. Those with the deepest pockets will keep common sense legislation from getting passed because they want to protect "their interests."

Probably doesn't directly apply to gun violence, good point. And yes, i have been lurking for a few years. And townie deac i mis-typed in earlier post, i was arguing for moral decline. Also i know we are just board posters, not world leaders, but i guess we can strive for the best?

Depending on your definition of morality, I probably agree with you. If you mean our proclivity to mass murder, it seems so. I personally consider civil rights a moral issue, so forgive me if I see an incline within the last 100 years.

Old people are the worst. Blah Blah Back in my day we respected our elders, walked to school uphill in the snow, and always said please and thank you!!! If you god damn kids would start going to church and respecting your elders none of this would have ever happened!

If you have decided to post opinions on this board that differ from the statist/"progresive" groupthink here, prepare for the nasty onslaught. I recommend that you learn to use print profanity. Don't let 'em get under your skin. Remember, they are looking for free stuff.

If you have decided to post opinions on this board that differ from the statist/"progresive" groupthink here, prepare for the nasty onslaught. I recommend that you learn to use print profanity. Don't let 'em get under your skin. Remember, they are looking for free stuff.

Facepalm

Even FNC is having a rational discussion about gun control. Actually heard the phrase "That's a very good point, indeed, Alan" they only get to tell Colmes that 5 times a year.

This might actually lead to some change.

Welcome to posting. It can get a little crazy around here. I'm not sure that we strive for anything. I didn't mean any disrespect by my posts.

Even FNC is having a rational discussion about gun control. Actually heard the phrase "That's a very good point, indeed, Alan" they only get to tell Colmes that 5 times a year.

This might actually lead to some change.

Seing crying 8 year olds being led through a parking lot by teachers and cops is a moving image.

I'm not a big fan of "the state," either, but we both live in a state, are accountable to and affected by its laws, and are dedicated to making it a better place to live in as long as we live in said state.

You're post-stupid.

Back