• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Halt and Catch Fire: Season 4 premiered Saturday

i thought i was the only one that liked rubicon. i miss Will.

Well, did last night's episode help?

What bothered me was trying to figure out what computer they were launching? Is this suppose to be a Dell / Gateway type of company? Because I keep trying to associate it with a real computer firm, I struggled with the first two episodes and just didn't watch last night (Spurs after all)

I ended up giving up on this after three episodes last year. It just wasn't doing anything for me, and as badly as I wanted it to be good, it wasn't.

But! The second season has gotten a good deal of praise, and unlike last year, it looks like critics have been sent a good chunk of the season. So I went back this weekend and tried to churn through the rest of season 1. It's never outright terrible, and the acting's there, so I guess if season 2 fixes the writing, we could have a pretty good show on our hands? I'm willing to give it a second chance, at any rate.

I'm in the same boat. I just watched the pilot and am trying to decide whether or not to plow through the first season, or just skip to the last couple episodes.

All the critics I like (Greenwald, Feinberg, Sepinwall) say you can skip to the last two or three and be fine.

Anyone got any input?

Same boat as Diesel. Planning to catch on some other series but I'd like to have Sunday show to follow and the reviews and plot for this season are intriguing.

Absolutely loved that series, but I'm a tech guy so I'm far more fascinated by the early days of chasing the personal computer than most would be. I don't think they got enough credit for nailing the 80's vibe, but the end of the first season had some odd turns that failed to deliver on the promise shown in the early episodes. It's also not too bad on the technical side either, at least not embarrassingly so. Minus the opening description of HCF I guess.

Fired up for season 2.

I thought the opposite: the first season really got going towards the latter few episodes and ended quite well. I was pleasantly surprised when AMC announced a second season, given the show's anemic ratings for sure. Last night's ep set up what looks like a solid second season - lots of places to go.

So, I really liked Season 2, and Season 3 premiered yesterday to some pretty good reviews.

So no one else is watching this show? Season 3 has been great so far, even if the Joe McMillan zen thing is a bit played.

So no one else is watching this show? Season 3 has been great so far, even if the Joe McMillan zen thing is a bit played.

Yeah, I'm digging it. I agree that the Joe stuff is a little meh, but Lee Pace is so compelling that it's hard to mind all that much. The scene in the last ep that he had with Cameron was great. ("Haven't you heard? You don't have to buy it, I'm giving it away for free!")

Yeah, I'm digging it. I agree that the Joe stuff is a little meh, but Lee Pace is so compelling that it's hard to mind all that much. The scene in the last ep that he had with Cameron was great. ("Haven't you heard? You don't have to buy it, I'm giving it away for free!")

I thoroughly enjoyed half-wasted Donna coming back from her wet lunch.

god i love this show

i could watch joe and cameron talk on the phone for hours

That was just a phenomenal episode all around. Joe and Cameron's slow burn was great, but I'm particularly psyched that Donna has a foil that isn't one of other main characters. It's always fun to hate some over-privileged hedge fund turd.

I'm curious to see where they go with Gordon's daughter as well. It has the potential to veer off into unwanted Dana Brody/Paige Jennings territory, but maybe they'll surprise us.

Nice little Sopranos homage with the end of that last episode. It's hard to believe more people don't watch this show.

Just finally got around to watching last week's episode. That's one of the best eps of the series. Fuck.

Back