• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hang it! (Alondes Williams ACC POY, 1st Team All-ACC)

It's not unusual. People believe that history started the day they were born. Duke basketball had a storied history before Coach K.

Not really. They had a great 10 year run under Bubas, who retired at 42 (not 75). Bubas was a better coach than K but quit. Foster had a few good years but then slipped and ran to USC. That’s it for Duke before 1985.

Duke has over a dozen players who were all-americans and do not have their jersey retired. That is absolutely not their standard.

nobody without a degree from Duke can get their jersey retired, mr dookie

Correct. I am absolutely in the minority amongst Wake fans and I recognize that.

Most Wake fans think we had much success during the Prosser era. They are "just fine" with our home stadium situation and using money for other purpose than that. They think we "packed the Joel every game" during the Duncan years. They look fondly back on the days before Buzz and Manning. They think those guys were the problem.

They want to retire jerseys of players who they really like and that make them proud in the NBA, no matter their accomplishments in college.

They don't want to rock the boat. We are Switzerland and, if we upset the Heels in a meaningless January game, hey that's good enough. The ACC tournament is really just for fun. And this is just college basketball. It's not worth turning in to Duke dorks over.

There is no doubt that I disagree with those things and that makes me in the minority. I will keep stating my opinion though. I'm allowed to have it.
Gotta say. I absolutely love being Switzerland. That shit from Mark Packer is the best. Look at LOWF. They just win. Everybody's second favorite team. So much marketing cash in that. Keep it coming. Kinda like this. People hate Coach K cuz he wins. No one is ever gonna hate Forbes if he is a consistent winner. It's impossible.

None of which were even in the round of 12. We are 0fer in the ACC tournament since 2007 in any game whatsoever outside a round of 15 Tuesday game.

so if we win Wednesday for the first time in more than 15 years we should HANG IT

Battier, like Hansbrough and Laettner, is in the pantheon of all-time great COLLEGE players. Their accomplishments are better than any Wake Forest player ever, including Duncan, Hemric, and Chappell.

Please remind us how Battier was a better individual player than Duncan. By "how" I mean "in what way"?

Please remind us how Battier was a better individual player than Duncan. By "how" I mean "in what way"?

That's not at all what he said. He said his accomplishments are better than any Wake player.

That's not at all what he said. He said his accomplishments are better than any Wake player.

Well, by "his accomplishments" I assume he means individual accomplishments. I don't know how team accomplishments are relevant in a discussion about individual players so if that is where he is going with that comment that is super lame. No shit that Duke's team accomplishments eclipse anything that Wake has done - that in no way diminishes the fact that Duncan was a better player than Battier in every way.

Correct. I am absolutely in the minority amongst Wake fans and I recognize that.

Most Wake fans think we had much success during the Prosser era. They are "just fine" with our home stadium situation and using money for other purpose than that. They think we "packed the Joel every game" during the Duncan years. They look fondly back on the days before Buzz and Manning. They think those guys were the problem.

They want to retire jerseys of players who they really like and that make them proud in the NBA, no matter their accomplishments in college.

They don't want to rock the boat. We are Switzerland and, if we upset the Heels in a meaningless January game, hey that's good enough. The ACC tournament is really just for fun. And this is just college basketball. It's not worth turning in to Duke dorks over.

There is no doubt that I disagree with those things and that makes me in the minority. I will keep stating my opinion though. I'm allowed to have it.

The small minority.

Did you know Battier, like Duncan, won the National Defensive Player or the Year 3 times? They each won National Player of the Year 1 time. They each won the ACC Tournament Case award 1 time.

Battier also won the Final Four most outstanding player award.

Duncan was clearly a better prospect. Battier accomplished more in college. His charges changed games so many times, as did Duncan’s shot blocking ability.

They are two of the ACCs all time great college players. Neither is on par with Hansbrough, DT, or Laettner but they they are both top 15 guys.l—again, college play only.

Battier accomplished more in college. His charges changed games so many times, as did Duncan’s shot blocking ability.

Just like Pickett's fake slide changed College Football. Battier's flopping undeniably ruined a good chunk of the College Basketball game for a long time. Negative accomplishments are still accomplishments tho.

Battier also forced a rule change that outlawed the double arm bar on an offensive player's back position.

Coach K is such a cunt.

Did you know Battier, like Duncan, won the National Defensive Player or the Year 3 times? They each won National Player of the Year 1 time. They each won the ACC Tournament Case award 1 time.

Battier also won the Final Four most outstanding player award.

Duncan was clearly a better prospect. Battier accomplished more in college. His charges changed games so many times, as did Duncan’s shot blocking ability.

They are two of the ACCs all time great college players. Neither is on par with Hansbrough, DT, or Laettner but they they are both top 15 guys.l—again, college play only.

Dude please stop gobbling Dukes cock. I see u Tollin, and we hatin'.

DR losing any shred of respect he may have still had. Love the fact that he's a diehard Deac and probably gives money to the University, but goddamn these takes...OOF

DR losing any shred of respect he may have still had. Love the fact that he's a diehard Deac and probably gives money to the University, but goddamn these takes...OOF

I disagree, we are better than his Duke cash. Please stop donating DR.

Back