• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hang it! (Alondes Williams ACC POY, 1st Team All-ACC)

Wake sucks because the half grads wished they had gotten into Duke, like DR. that's the problem.

You think you are hated? People don’t hate clowns. They laugh at them.

Yeah you try so hard to be hated but most people are just laughing, which makes you wanting to be hated even sadder

I just want to win. We haven't won with our head in the sand not acknowledging reality for going on 60 years now.

The reality is Duke and UNC care more than we do. Most of our alums just want to make fun of Duke and UNC rather than make the changes necessary to have long term success.

Our retirement of jerseys, with no objective basis other than emotion (Prosser) based on who we like (Skip Brown) or to reward a bright spot in a "down" era (Bogues, soon to be ManMan), is reflective of that.

WF alums treat hoops like it's a fun side game rather than a business. The results were and remain predictable.

the stuff you think is important is irrelevant.

You might disagree with how we decide to retire jerseys and I actually agree with you, but it has 0.0000000000% to do with the success of our basketball program.

the stuff you think is important is irrelevant.

You might disagree with how we decide to retire jerseys and I actually agree with you, but it has 0.0000000000% to do with the success of our basketball program.

The home venue matters. The lack of organization on items like banners, seating, and the interaction with the campus matters. The community has to go all in to prioritize basketball. Those things matter. Clearly we disagree. You think it matters less than I do--but you believe it matters.

If I think something matters less than you, but still matters, I say we do it. Wake folks don't. They settle for what they view as "fine" and "that part doesn't matter much" Or they change the subject and make ad hom attacks on Duke students.

Why? Because basketball doesn't matter as much at Wake Forest. And the results speak for themselves.

jeff mullins and mike gyminski would not have their jerseys retired under current duke success. because K elevated the level of success at duke.

If a wake coach did the same then you would see the same at wake forest.

so, we shouldn't have a banner recognizing a coach who won a regular-season title and literally died in his office on campus, because we want to be like dook

I'm telling you folks, we need to hang a banner for donaldross, the greatest troll of all time

Skip Prosser is the 4th best Coach we have had at Wake Forest. How do you explain this to others?

This is like when the Mavericks retired Kobe Bryant's jersey. 30 years from now, when the 5 better all-time NBA players are also dead, how do you explain to a Mavericks kid why his is the one retired, when he didn't even play for them.

"Because he was really likable and he died" is a pathetic answer. Michael Jordan will be dead too.

I mean in the overall scheme of things, UNC has an arena and floor named for coaches, Duke has a floor named for a coach, and we have some banners. Seems about right.

Lololololol. Len Bias, Duncan and Thompson are the top 3 ACC players of all time. Hansbrough is from your hometown and Laettner is your Dukie boy. Battier and Hansbrough aren’t in the top 15.

The home venue matters. The lack of organization on items like banners, seating, and the interaction with the campus matters. The community has to go all in to prioritize basketball. Those things matter. Clearly we disagree. You think it matters less than I do--but you believe it matters.

If I think something matters less than you, but still matters, I say we do it. Wake folks don't. They settle for what they view as "fine" and "that part doesn't matter much" Or they change the subject and make ad hom attacks on Duke students.

Why? Because basketball doesn't matter as much at Wake Forest. And the results speak for themselves.

“Wake folks”. You are Duke folk. Stop pretending to be one of us. It’s a farce. Talking shit about Skip Brown, Rod Griffin Mugsy really pisses off those of us who saw them play 4 years each IN PERSON. Fuck Duke and whatever they do with their banners. Fuck Cameron. Fuck K. And fuck you.

“Wake folks”. You are Duke folk. Stop pretending to be one of us. It’s a farce. Talking shit about Skip Brown, Rod Griffin Mugsy really pisses off those of us who saw them play 4 years each IN PERSON. Fuck Duke and whatever they do with their banners. Fuck Cameron. Fuck K. And fuck you.

I like this post a lot.

Back