• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Happy New Year Millennials, Discuss

The first three minutes is old news millenial bashing that has been published and spoken 1000000 times, but 2/3 of the video applies to everyone. Watch the whole 15 minutes. The dopamine dump caused by texting and social media, and its effects, as well as the other points are interesting. The bit on overall impatience was good and the what he says about phones in meeting rooms is dead on target. Nobody talks anymore or enjoys the present reality around them.

Isn't PHDeac a sociology professor....would love to hear his take on this video.

Last edited:

FOwZ77O.jpg

millennials are now in their mid-twenties with entry level jobs. anyone who actually interacts with actual millennials knows this kind of clickbait is nonsense

Actually, millennials range from college kids to people in their early 30s.

Does the video dude say millennials were born around 1984 or 1994? Fairly big difference.

Regardless, more dumb sailor stuff.

There are people who believe Gen Xers were born in the early 90s?

I doubt it but people have weirdly strong opinions about this noise.

not Gen X, millennials

Gen X is the generation before Millennials. If "Millennial" means people born 1994 or later, that means Gen X ends in 1993.

Right and nobody in their right mind thinks 23 year olds today are Gen Xers.

your ranges are off, broseph. most people consider millennials as born early-mid 80s through mid 90s, some include up to 2000

Cliffs: The good stuff in life such as building relationships and job satisfaction takes time and millennials are really bad at these things due to instant gratification as well as reliance and addiction to tech. You don't need a 15 minute millennial clickbait video to say that. It's amazing how polarizing the word 'millennial' is.

and i'm proud to be a millenial, cuz at least i know i'm free

your ranges are off, broseph. most people consider millennials as born early-mid 80s through mid 90s, some include up to 2000

Right. College kids to people in their early 30s.

millennials are now in their mid-twenties with entry level jobs. anyone who actually interacts with actual millennials knows this kind of clickbait is nonsense

Did you watch the video or just comment on something you didn't watch to sound clever? The second half isn't even about millenials. It's about how smartphones, facebook and impatience have made us a society of douchebags with no social skills. The part about meetings is dead on.

I agree with you in that most "millenials" (dumbest word ever) are just fine to work with and the stereotype is definitely overblown.

no it's not dead on at all. sorry, old people think it's some kind of a truism about technology but it's just not. young people are more than capable of interacting socially

Man I am really overly agressive today. Between the hair growing on my back, the constant engorged arousal, wild eyed sex drive and my anger I think these low T supplement shots I'm sticking in my ass are really paying off.

Back