• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Happy New Year Millennials, Discuss

no it's not dead on at all. sorry, old people think it's some kind of a truism about technology but it's just not. young people are more than capable of interacting socially

I think it depends on where you interact with millenials mostly. I know that plenty of people just a few years younger than me legit cannot function socially. Everything is about their phones and they use blocking, unfriending, liking, thumbs up, swipe rights and all that bullshit to communicate. No one actually talks anymore. Even someone my age (just turned 32), I deal with the socially inept people who just completely ignore interaction and go from one thing to the next instantly, whether its dating or friendships or anything. Capability and actually interacting are two completely different things.

Where do you interact with those Millennials?

I think it depends on where you interact with millenials mostly. I know that plenty of people just a few years younger than me legit cannot function socially. Everything is about their phones and they use blocking, unfriending, liking, thumbs up, swipe rights and all that bullshit to communicate. No one actually talks anymore. Even someone my age (just turned 32), I deal with the socially inept people who just completely ignore interaction and go from one thing to the next instantly, whether its dating or friendships or anything. Capability and actually interacting are two completely different things.

Yeah, no. I'm 30 (proud millennial) and would run laps around you socially brochacho.

Stop hanging out with nervous spazz peeps

Not really sure what that's supposed to mean....I never said anything about me being superior or that there weren't people who don't fit my description. Clearly people who are intelligent and articulate don't have problems socializing...but if you think most "millenials" fit that description then you're insane.

There are always exceptions.

damn, it's shocking to me some of the ages on here when people post them. the fact that slim and brasky are 2 years apart (with me in the middle) is weird.

How so? I would argue that people without either have harder times socializing. I was going to go more in depth but that was adequate I felt.

Plenty of smart, articulate folks who are awkward socially.

Majority?

I just made a fucking opinion and was told I would be run circles around socially....its fucking stupid. Nothing I said was referencing every single goddamned person alive.

Everyone's a nay-sayer

But fuck it, I have more millenials to eat.

slim super salty about being wrong. Gen Xers never could get a break. sad !

Isn't there a generation between X and Millennials? There's a pretty stark difference between people who were high school age in the early 90s vs the turn of the century vs the aughts.

no, there isn't "officially". there is however, a definite subset of older Millennials that don't seem to fit either generational stereotype

Don't make dumb generalizations about people a few years younger than you and this shit won't happen.

I know plenty of people in their mid to late 20's that are very social people.

I thought that was Generation Y, which seems to have been merged (or just renamed?) with Millennials.

Majority?

I just made a fucking opinion and was told I would be run circles around socially....its fucking stupid. Nothing I said was referencing every single goddamned person alive.

Everyone's a nay-sayer

But fuck it, I have more millenials to eat.

I don't understand a good portion of this, especially the bold. Also, I agree, you weren't saying every person alive, you were generalizing, which I said was weird. Especially with the use of "clearly."

I'm the same age as Ice Cube and Jay-Z. We're just a little younger than the Baby Boomers and among the oldest Gen Xers. We think you lookin' like straight bozos.

Back