• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Harrison Barnes gets jersey honored at UNC

PilotDeac

Reaction score
Wow. Not sure what to say. Posted this on Twitter

Harrison Barnes ‏@HBarnes
Words can't describe how it feels to be in the rafters at Carolina
(had a link to the picture also)

EDIT: changed to honored. Makes more sense

Last edited:
Maybe they're going to use it to take up the space of one it's impending vacated titles?

Say it aint so. 2 years and 40 cant be worn again at UNC?

Yeah, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone really. UNC has a set criteria to determine retired and honored jerseys. Duke and Wake have a subjective component. Not sure about ncst.

I think it's being put up in the rafters between the jerseys for Kris Lang and Jawab Williams.

They're just trying to get him into a position where he can chuck some more jumpers from outside.

yeah i'm confused on why he is being honored. especially this quickly. i mean he has to be the single most overrated player coming out of high school in the history of the NCAA. he was a good player, but to have his name hanging at all is just ridiculous IMO

yeah i'm confused on why he is being honored. especially this quickly. i mean he has to be the single most overrated player coming out of high school in the history of the NCAA. he was a good player, but to have his name hanging at all is just ridiculous IMO

I'm kinda thinking of another 5-star recruit, this one out of Wilmington, who couldn't crack the starting lineup of another ACC team.

I'm kinda thinking of another 5-star recruit, this one out of Wilmington, who couldn't crack the starting lineup of another ACC team.

ha, i try to push Ty out of all of my memories. still Harrison was a preseason All-American before he ever played a single game in Chapel Hill.

Barnes was a preseason 1st team All-American. He was so overhyped it was crazy. Ty was a bust but the hype around him was nothing compared to Barnes.

This is why you don't have strictly objective criteria for honoring/retiring jerseys.

Back