• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hartman #1 Ranked college QB NFL draft

There was zero draft buzz around Hartman until a couple of weeks ago. Recently, there has been some murmurs like the articles mentioned above, but most of the popular draft gurus still don't have Hartman listed. Like every other draft eligible player with any kind of pro shot, Hartman will get a legit NFL draft grade before he needs to declare. If the draft grade is high enough, having spent 4 years at WF, he will consider his options. To my untrained eye, doesn't seem like Hartman is the optimal fit for the NFL right now, but all it takes if for one or two teams to fall in love with him. Would guess Sam returns to WF in 2022, but not beyond the realm that NFL teams could entice him.

Would guess Sam is back next year especially with Donovan, AT, Morin, Ke'Shawn coming back. Little to no draft buzz until the last few weeks and now he's #1 on some USA Today list? Seems like they're trying to get clicks.

I think the next few weeks will be telling. If he balls out vs Clemson and has a big game I could see him moving up boards.

It just doesn't seem optimal to go this year when next year, every team will have scouts at every game. If Hartman stays, he could get 32 teams to fall in love with him instead of maybe a few.

The report on Hartman has been that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws required in the NFL. So I'm surprised to see these

Here's to hoping he continues throwing 3 picks a game, but we win every game going forward rest of this season and he comes back next year.

The report on Hartman has been that he doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws required in the NFL. So I'm surprised to see these

Yeah. He's made the leap from decent college QB to very good college QB, but I think he has work to do to be an NFL QB.

I'm here for all of it. Even the absurd parts. :dancindeac:

NFL ready or not, at season's end he may feel he has accomplished all he reasonably can at Wake Forest. I sincerely hope that is not the case.

Last edited:
If Perry comes back and the OL plays well our offense could be even more absurd which feels crazy considering we are scoring 45 PPG.

Media fucking with the heads of college players. How many Wake guys have to get burned before they wake the fuck up.

If we win ACC, think he might move on and can’t say that I blame him - its his 4th year in the program

IMHO he looks like Wolford, Wolford's senior year and Sam is really slingin' it into tight windows. Very tight. Throwing the ball HARD to get it in there, too. Very accurate. Only a few forced throws, recently.

My only negative is he still is putting too much air under the deep balls. Our WR are getting open deep, and having to slow and wait on the ball, at least that's what I've noticed. He lacks that Justin Herbert "let me, at 6'5, just lob a 40 yard ball over the defensive line and LB and into a 2 foot space."

Last edited:
fwiw, in his post-game ACCN interview last weekend, hartman alluded to how he's got a bunch of years left to play despite being a veteran.

but this article is accurate about his nfl prospects, that would be amazing. imagine if both wolford and hartman were starting nfl qbs.

Last edited:
If i'm an NFL scout, my big concern about Hartman is that he is a system guy (which is kind of cool if the NFL thinks of our offense as a "system" that inflates QB numbers)

If i'm an NFL scout, my big concern about Hartman is that he is a system guy (which is kind of cool if the NFL thinks of our offense as a "system" that inflates QB numbers)

You mean Hartman's offense wouldn't average 45 points per game in the NFL?

You mean Hartman's offense wouldn't average 45 points per game in the NFL?

To be fair, McVay hasn't let Wolford run the RPO yet.

Selfishly, I really hope he’s back. I don’t know what next year’s QB class looks like, but there seems to be a consensus among the “experts” that this year’s draft class of QBs is weak. So, that could factor in if he wants to take a shot this year. My own opinion is that we all (he and us) would be better off with another year leading the Deacs.

Back