• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hastily Ranked List of Every WFU Starting QB Since 2000

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
I'm going based on their performance in their final / best season as a Deac, not their entire career (or any promise of the future from someone like Hartman). I'm going mostly on eye test. (e.g. Even though Price's best season by stats was his Soph year, I don't think he actually got worse as a QB over the course of his career although I might be wrong). Warning: these rankings are terrible, pointless and stupid.

1. John Wolford
2. Riley Skinner
3. Sam Hartman
4. Jamie Newman
5. James MacPherson
6. Cory Randolph
7. Tanner Price
8. Kendall Hinton
9. Brett Hodges
10. Ben Mauk
11. Ted Stachitas

Don't think I missed anyone but I probably did.

I agree with your Mauk rating, and people were giving me shit on here recently when I said the 80 yard TD pass as the first pass of his career was by far the best thing he ever did and he didn't come close to living up to expectations.

MacPherson and Cory Randolph's stats worse than I remember -- 16 career TDs each with 21 and 20 INTs, respectively

two things I remember about that Nebraska game in 2007 -

1. spending most of the 2nd half in line for water (No water?! thanks Ron!) then frozen lemonade, so my kids wouldn't die of dehydration; and
2. Brett Hodges throwing a beautiful ball that should have been a touchdown. A win over Nebraska might have moved him up a tier on this important list.

1. spending most of the 2nd half in line for water (No water?! thanks Ron!) then frozen lemonade, so my kids wouldn't die of dehydration; and
2. Brett Hodges throwing a beautiful ball that should have been a touchdown. A win over Nebraska might have moved him up a tier on this important list.

the game against former Wake QB/current Bengals coach Zach Taylor

I might switch 2 and 3 (Skinner had a great defense and only needed to manage the offense). And if you're going off Kendall Hinton's 2017 season I think you can bump him to 6.

Did Kearns start a game in 2016? Yes he did, Clemson! We can put Kearns below Teddy Stacks

Also how bout the group of also rans, Tyler Cameron, Kevin Sousa and Kyle Kearns. Jeeze, there were some high ranking misses.

Teddy Stacks, replaced Tebow at Neese and then one game at Wake. Rough

Last edited:
Also how bout the group of also rans, Tyler Cameron, Kevin Sousa and Kyle Kearns. Jeeze, there were some high ranking

Oh man, Kevin Sousa of “DUI on the Quad because he wanted Subway” fame!!

A beautiful ball that shouldn't have been through. We were down 3, just got the ball at the Nebraska 10. With that defense and a backup QB, running the ball again or running a safer pass play and taking the FG was the right move.

the game against former Wake QB/current Bengals coach Zach Taylor

Zac Taylor left the year before. Wake played against him in Lincoln.

The 2007 team was the most talented team we've ever had by a decent margin, imo. The Skinner injury and general Lobo-ness killed us. We had a great shot to beat BC on the road in the opener (one of their best teams ever, finished top 10 and won the division) but shot ourselves in the foot and then Riley got hurt. Kenny Moore (and Josh Adams) were so good that year.

Ben Mauk is way too low - he threw a football over a mountain.

napoleon-dynamite-uncle-rico.gif

The 2007 team was the most talented team we've ever had by a decent margin, imo. The Skinner injury and general Lobo-ness killed us. We had a great shot to beat BC on the road in the opener (one of their best teams ever, finished top 10 and won the division) but shot ourselves in the foot and then Riley got hurt. Kenny Moore (and Josh Adams) were so good that year.

plus Micah Andrews, Chip Brinkman, Demir Bolden, Kevin Marion for deep bombs, De'Angelo Bryant, Tereshinski, Swank + a couple goons on the line - Justice, Louis Frazier, Matt Brim

And the defense was STACKED - Arnoux, Curry, Alphonso, Brandon Ghee, Chip Vaughn, Boo Robinson and Zach Stukes (plus Kyle Wilber and Dennis Godfrey as freshman but I don't think they played much)

Back