• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hastily Ranked List of Every WFU Starting QB Since 2000

I might switch 2 and 3 (Skinner had a great defense and only needed to manage the offense). And if you're going off Kendall Hinton's 2017 season I think you can bump him to 6.

Did Kearns start a game in 2016? Yes he did, Clemson! We can put Kearns below Teddy Stacks

Also how bout the group of also rans, Tyler Cameron, Kevin Sousa and Kyle Kearns. Jeeze, there were some high ranking misses.

Teddy Stacks, replaced Tebow at Neese and then one game at Wake. Rough

Tyler Cameron trending pretty strong in the post-football life power rankings though.

The 2000 team was my senior year, and I have basically no memory of that team. In my head the Sankey led 99/Aloha Bowl team was the last team I really remember.

plus Micah Andrews, Chip Brinkman, Demir Bolden, Kevin Marion for deep bombs, De'Angelo Bryant, Tereshinski, Swank + a couple goons on the line - Justice, Louis Frazier, Matt Brim

And the defense was STACKED - Arnoux, Curry, Alphonso, Brandon Ghee, Chip Vaughn, Boo Robinson and Zach Stukes (plus Kyle Wilber and Dennis Godfrey as freshman but I don't think they played much)

also chris degeare on the o-line and jeremy thompson at DE who had a breakout year and john russell who was underrated and i think actually made an NFL roster. also iirc we were able to move kevin patterson from cb to safety thanks to ghee who was monte.

2000 would also include CJ Leak-and Anthony Young IIRC. My first game as a student was Leak's team losing at home to App, think he was lost for the season against Clemson the following week.

2000 would also include CJ Leak-and Anthony Young IIRC. My first game as a student was Leak's team losing at home to App, think he was lost for the season against Clemson the following week.

Was just about to post this exact thing.

The 2007 team was the most talented team we've ever had by a decent margin, imo. The Skinner injury and general Lobo-ness killed us. We had a great shot to beat BC on the road in the opener (one of their best teams ever, finished top 10 and won the division) but shot ourselves in the foot and then Riley got hurt. Kenny Moore (and Josh Adams) were so good that year.

1000%. Schedule also worked against us, and the ACC improved quite a bit from its nadir the year before.

I'm still mad about that Virginia loss.

2007 and 2017 were certainly our best non-division winning teams -- 2017 maybe even would have an argument over 2021 if not for the no show against Duke in the reg season finale

John Wolford is one of my favorite Wake players ever, but there's no way he is above Riley. And you could argue the same about his being above Sam. At least Hartman won the Atlantic Division. I would have 1-Riley, 2-Sam, 3- Wolford.

Skinner's senior year (2009) we went 5-7; easily could/should have been 9-4, and that's not counting a possible W in the opener vs. Baylor that we lost by 3 points. The way we lost late vs. BC, Navy, Miami and GT were epic collapses even by Wake standards.

I agree with your Mauk rating, and people were giving me shit on here recently when I said the 80 yard TD pass as the first pass of his career was by far the best thing he ever did and he didn't come close to living up to expectations.

And TBH, it was a horrible looking pass. Anderson was just wide open.

I have an angry inbox message on the old boards from Ben's little brother Maty after I posted something negative about Ben. Good times.

John Wolford is one of my favorite Wake players ever, but there's no way he is above Riley. And you could argue the same about his being above Sam. At least Hartman won the Atlantic Division. I would have 1-Riley, 2-Sam, 3- Wolford.

Probably correct in terms of the period of time each operated at a high level, it certainly took Wolford the longest to get there.

That said not sure anyone else reached the level John hit late in 2017, not even Sam this season

Back