• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

Alright - I am back in it as the Wake Forest Socceroos. The season just ended, so we're playing friendlies/cup matches the next two weeks. I am trying to get out of the Series I am currently in for next season because there is a guy who appears to be training NT hopeful goalies for two different countries, and they are BEASTS.

I'm going back to the well and training PM. I've got 10 trainees signed for roughly $15K. They are all under 17.8 and have at least passable PM and inadequate passing. Most of them have solid PM.

Having a fire sale this AM where I fired about 8 people on the roster. Have 5 more up who COULD sell for a profit. If they don't, I will fire them as well.

I am working on signing an outstanding experience/passable leadership player who I can promote to head coach in a calendar year (saves about $1.2M doing it this way instead of buying one). Hopefully I can get one for under $50K, maybe cheaper.

Also, signed two "excellent" scoring forwards, two "formidable" defenders, and another "excellent" defender to round out the roster. I want to get an excellent or formidable goalie, but they are looking expensive as hell.

What's everybody else looking like so far who's back in? I know Numbers and HTTD are in, keep us updated TimDunk - I think if we make this a social thing again then it will enhance the experience and keep us around.

Different leagues so we can all hopefully promote this season to get to V.

Yes - he's in league V with his current club. Not sure exactly what his current plan is, but he's got at least one USA NT prospect on his roster.

I am back. I am training PM. I do not remember all the rules. I'm going to stockpile money and by the time I am 50 I will be in the MLS.

I have only bought trainees. 10 guys all 17 years old, Passable PM, all but I believe 3 are Passable Passing. I was gifted a Formidable scoring 29 year old striker as a "free agent" presumably because I used a different email to sign up so it thinks I am a new player. HTTD read that I may receive other gifts as well, but I will keep everybody posted (as I'm sure you are are all super excited). I choose to believe that my secretary is superior to @Deacsfan27 and @HailToTheDeacons

I have not purchased anybody else other than an Outstanding Experience, Passable Leadership 35 year old to promote to head coach in about a season when I may promote. This will allow for better Team Spirit management. In the meantime I plan to aggressively train my homies and try to not lose to bots again like I did in my first and only match with my new team so far.

Together we can go far.

I have had two youth academy additions. The only one worth anything is 15.110 and has Inadequate Passing, a Weak Defending cap, and pulled 5.5 stars in his only game as an IM. I'd guess he has a Passable PM cap...if it's a Solid, we can probably max him out PM/Passing by the time we can promote right at 17.0

Good luck all.

I made my first big purchase to supplement my PM trainees. With some extra $$$ from the previous season finish payout (we started the last week of the season so it was really just luck into what the position the team I got assigned was sitting in), I signed this stud:

Shoja Ramin (26.95)
Defending: Outstanding
Playmaking: Inadequate
Winger: Passable
Passing: Inadequate
Set Pieces: Excellent

American, Head. I shelled out $472k to land him which was slightly above transfer compare but was willing to pay a little bit extra since he's American (no 20% wage penalty so that saves money) and he has a good specialty. Beyond that he will be my captain with passable leadership as well as the SP taker. I'll be able to run him for the next four seasons without meaningful skill deterioration and he'll be a fine starter for a team looking to compete in Div V in a season or two.

A few weeks in to the revamp here. Along with HTTD and Doofus, we got back on supporter and they had a promo allowing a tier to have 3 teams. We each have a team in USA, Oceania, and Cabo Verde. HTTD is already a scout with the newly elected U-21 coach for Cabo Verde. With the small active user base (and concomitantly low number of youth prospects) it's pretty likely that we will have some U21 guys for the country coming out of our youth academies in the next couple seasons. Doofus already snagged a promising potential U21 guy that's 17 and needs keeper training.

My outlook for the year:

1) USA: in a series VI with 6 new human managers and 1 bot. Pretty likely I win the series but don't hit the auto-promotion spot. Based on how the team comes along the next few weeks, we will see if I just let the chips fall as they will re: promotion or not. Training PM for 2-3 seasons as an initial cycle.

2) Oceania: all bots, my worst team of the three, but pretty likely i autopromote with the continued value that training brings (training keeper).

3) CV: probably my best team of the three...lots of money came in from "finishing" in the top 3 spots of a Division IV series (they just added Div IV and there are not very many users). All bots in my series here as well and I should auto promote which I'm eager to do. Div III even has a lot of bots so it'll just be finding a good placement to spend a couple seasons in Div III before trying to push for Div II.

Finding the balance between training and being competitive/ramping up quickly in a smaller user base country in CV is going to be the most fun as far as immediate goals are concerned.

Mid-Season (well through 8 of 14 weeks) Update:

1. USA: 5-1-2 (16 points, 2nd in Series)
Training: Midfield (10 overall trainees)
20 Goals Scored/15 Goals Against
Series VI. 195 (6th/1024 leagues)

By far the most competitive of my three leagues. I actually had 7 humans in the series at one point actively managing. It's ranked 6th out of 1024 VI leagues. I got two big wins the last two weeks against the (now) 4th place ranked team. I have two matches against bots the next two weeks to get my TS back up before the deciding matches down the stretch.

2. Oceania: 8-0-0 (24 points, 1st in Series)
Training: Keeper (2 overall trainees, both unpredictable spec, with high passing)
28 Goals Scored/10 Goals Against
Series V.222 (38th/256 leagues)

The worst of my three teams, but no humans in there at all who have done more than just register for a team. I am right at the promotion line for Series IV and will probably make it. Not sure I have the team to sustain it next year up there, so I'll probably try to move to one that has bots again so I can at least avoid relegation back to VI. My plan is to do a bit of homegrown work, as I have two studs coming out of my youth academy at the same time. I will likely train them both in defense first, along with both keepers to boost their worth, then keep one, and sell one.

3. Cabo Verde: 6-2-0 (20 Points, 1st in Series)
Training: Keeper (2 overall trainees, normal keeper/defense/SP) - they are both CV goalies and candidates for the U21 team, so I am optimally training here. Got a LVL 5 coach and the assistants to match. Should be a 34-36 week keeper
only training push before I focus on defense and SP.
35 Goals Scored/10 Goals Against
Series IV.52 (7th/64 leagues)

I will definitely promote here, and hopefully up to Div 2 the year after. Ton of money for winning the league, so I will need that to sustain the focus on U21 goalies. Once I get them to where they need to be I will sell them both for BIG cash
and then plan my future.

God, I remember loving this game, but it's probably way too complicated to get back into. Does anyone have a link to an updated "how-to" for the game? I'm constantly looking for something to keep my "Program Building" itch scratched.

I currently have a franchise on NHL 24, MLB The Show 22, MLB The Show 24, and will be getting the new College Football game this Summer when it comes out.

It honestly hasn't changed that much. You don't need to be a perfect, well-oiled, optimized machine at the beginning anyway. Getting started and setting up a training plan are the two biggest hurdles for new teams - accomplish those and you can learn and improve along the journey.

I've had a total blast being back. I've got three teams (and can't wait for the fourth), and was selected as a U21 Scout for Cabo Verde. It's kept me busy and scratched the program building itch.

I'm going to auto promote in all three leagues. I'm most excited about the youth academies though. I've got a solid cap keeper/inadequate cap defender that's going to be maxed out to promote at 17.0 in Oceania and the timing is perfect for me to sell one of my keeper trainees a couple weeks before (for around $3-3.5 Million - Magnificent before he turns 19) and this guy promotes. So I'll just keep training keeper and probably keep this HG guy as my future keeper if I don't get bored sitting around for 3 seasons training keeper.

In CV I've got like four guys who are going to bring in $100-$200k a piece when they promote at 17.0.

In America I've got one of the top forward prospects. Already pulling 7.5 stars and isn't 16 yet. Will promote at 17.0 at solid scoring, excellent passing, and I think I have enough time to get some PM training in on him before promotion and hopefully can get that to weak (not sure what his cap is but he's sitting at poor now). He's also got Head so a solid spec for the position (if he were Quick it would be optimal, but Head is great)

Back