• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

I've mentioned my Canadian series is tough, but I just realized my USA III is ranked #1 by HTEV and Hattrick itself. Why do my squads attract these meat grinder series?

RIP doofus (x2), Brasky, timdunk, and the second team of numbers.

What is your team name, Mystery?

OGB Hattrick Teams

Board Name, Team Name, Division, Team ID, Country

DaDeacs, Naples QTips, V.66, 8708, USA
DeaconSlim2.0, China Grove Cougars, VI.272, 228677, USA
DeaconSlim2.0, BuzzOuters FC, V.256, 1673444, Canada
FckVwls, Hidden Valley Rancheros, III.3, 225525, USA
FckVwls, Arsene's Gunners, V.110, 107759, Canada
HailToTheDeacons, HailToTheDeacons, III.12, 70688, USA
HailToTheDeacons, Glenelg Gladiators, IV.55, 1675424, Canada
jaybone, Milton Apple, V.24, 229355, USA
wakeforest22890, Boston Deacons, V.120, 228565, USA

Haha wow

That pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for me...~$140 for a game?

Way to price out your small client base, dicks.

It's absolutely ridiculous. The product is no where worth the price they are asking. Top of the line video games (and even ones with subscription services) don't cost that much.

They're clearly extorting platinum supporters so that they can maintain a second team. They want to reap that one last potential profit before this game goes under, which sadly I think is going to happen sooner rather than later.

RIP doofus (x2), Brasky, timdunk, and the second team of numbers.

What is your team name, Mystery?

OGB Hattrick Teams

Board Name, Team Name, Division, Team ID, Country

DaDeacs, Naples QTips, V.66, 8708, USA
DeaconSlim2.0, China Grove Cougars, VI.272, 228677, USA
DeaconSlim2.0, BuzzOuters FC, V.256, 1673444, Canada
FckVwls, Hidden Valley Rancheros, III.3, 225525, USA
FckVwls, Arsene's Gunners, V.110, 107759, Canada
HailToTheDeacons, HailToTheDeacons, III.12, 70688, USA
HailToTheDeacons, Glenelg Gladiators, IV.55, 1675424, Canada
jaybone, Milton Apple, V.24, 229355, USA
wakeforest22890, Boston Deacons, V.120, 228565, USA

Mine is the Legal Eagles (70332) in VI.223

I'm in 3rd place in my Series III ranked 76 in USA. Next round in cup I'm playing some guy in 2nd place in his Series III ranked 60 in USA. But I have to play game in his stadium. Why is this? I thought lower ranked team got a home game

Cup ranks are static from beginning of season - so you must have been ranked higher then.

Oh okay, cool, thanks, he's not that great I can probably have a punchers chance away anyways

Unfortunately for you, this is the last round before everything is on neutral grounds, too.

My team is looking like it has a decent chance to promote back to IV this year, but I am still set on switching to Playmaking training to start the year. I should have 3 homegrown defenders at World Class or better, all under 22 - which is what I am waiting for, figure I might as well not have to deal with buying anything on the defense for 5 seasons or so.

Thinking about starting a youth academy, but I have no recollection on the best way to manage one. Any tips?

Run three scouts and be sure to call them every week - they're going to produce talent that your initial team is severely lacking. 15 year olds are desirable because their primary skills can typically be maxed out, promoted, and listed at 17 years old and 0 days. Most YA paydays come from skilled 17.0s.

Join a four team youth league, and leave immediately at the end of the season to join another one. By doing this, you can maximize the number of matches (and trainings) your guys receive relative to teams languishing in big leagues.

Always play creatively. By doing this you have a higher chance of revealing your players specialites, plus being competitive is impertinent to the YA.

Today, Hattrick released its roadmap for the future. It's a bunch of vague statements and a lot of reused ideas. Nothing remotely innovative to counter the gargantuan price raises for supporters. This game is going to die.

My starting lineup is about 26.30 avg and I have a plan to build them around them for the next 5-6 seasons. I have 4-5 million left and plan to spend that on high wages/supplementing with older talent when possible.

I hope to get near MLS or get near winning USA Cup or something. And then after this group is too old I'ĺl be broke and retire from game.

After 8 years, I've acquired my first [Regainer]!

Erin Baribeau [playerid=383058012]
23 years and 85 days
Nationality: Canada

In wretched (2) form, passable (6) stamina.
A controversial person who is calm and dishonest.
Has weak (4) experience and poor (3) leadership.
Has disastrous (1) loyalty.

Owner: Glenelg Gladiators (since 5-10-2015 (8/58), 0d)
Total Skill Index (TSI): 20 750
Wage: 10 590 US$/week
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy
Specialty: Regainer
HTMS Points: Ability: 856 / Potential: 1452
Best position: Offensive Winger (4.79)

Staminapassable (6)Keeperdisastrous (1)
Playmakingsolid (7)Passingpassable (6)
Wingersupernatural (14)Defendingpoor (3)
Scoringweak (4)Set Piecesworld class (13)

Do people still support this game? Are you going to join the big tournament?

"The Supporter Week Trophy is a huge international tournament, where every team has an equal chance to win something, and where the best team claims a grand prize. The tournament has a main stage where each team plays 3 matches per day over 4 days, for a total of 10 rounds.

In each round, you are drawn against a random team that has the same amount of points as you do. At the end of the Week, the 64 teams that have the highest amount of points and best goal difference qualify for an elimination stage which leads to the Supporter Week Trophy final."

I don't have supporter, so no.

I've enjoyed my first season back in Hattrick, but it's depressing how far it has fallen since I played ~5 years ago. My VI series then was competitive - it had at least five human teams and it took me a couple seasons to promote out. Contrast this with now, where I'm the only human team in my VI series and have just been bashing bots for the last 13 weeks. I'm ok with that even though it's boring because I've played the game before and have used the time to get a youth academy going, etc. But I can't imagine how they expect to attract new users when all they will be doing for three months is setting a lineup and winning automatically

The game is definitely dying. It is losing long-time users at an alarming rate, and it's bringing in no one new. Plus, they're working with a skeleton staff who have already shown they're willing to sell the game to make a buck. They're just trying to squeeze a little bit more money before HT wastes away.

This game may be dying, but they just rolled out some good changes to the game IMO.

Back