• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hattrick (Online Soccer Management Game)

Canada:
Edmonton, British Columbia, Ontario
All searching for ANY player

USA:
Kansas, Iowa, Connecticut
Up until last night were each searching for DEFENDERS, now all are ANY

I set up a Youth team yesterday and holy shit getting everything synced between Foxtrick and youthclub sucks big time.

I set up a Youth team yesterday and holy shit getting everything synced between Foxtrick and youthclub sucks big time.

Indeed.

I don't even try, anymore. Youthclub is a hassle for the marginal benefit it provides.

Foxtrick is legit, though - Hattrick would be much less enjoyable without Foxtrick.

Indeed.

I don't even try, anymore. Youthclub is a hassle for the marginal benefit it provides.

Foxtrick is legit, though - Hattrick would be much less enjoyable without Foxtrick.

Should I just switch back to the whole generating a player once a week thing then you think? In theory it looked kind of fun.

Should I just switch back to the whole generating a player once a week thing then you think? In theory it looked kind of fun.

Just to clarify, you were talking about the program/website Hattrick Youth Club? That's what I was griping about.

Opening a Youth Academy is a great thing to do, and I'd stick with it. It's essentially a second team, it usually generates profit, and it gives you decent homegrown talent every once in a while.

Just to clarify, you were talking about the program/website Hattrick Youth Club? That's what I was griping about.

Opening a Youth Academy is a great thing to do, and I'd stick with it. It's essentially a second team, it usually generates profit, and it gives you decent homegrown talent every once in a while.

Yeah, i finally figured it out. I think the system was pushing me to use hattrick youthclub and I was getting frustrated. The Help was fucked in it. In Hattrick, the help is fairly minamilist, but I finally figured out that I need to join a league and let the adminstator set up the matches. At least that is my understanding. And set up training.

I might recommend sticking with the Youth Pull system for a month or so, until you get up to a higher level scouting network, and then setup a Youth Academy.

I did that in Canada and seem to be pulling much better youth players, and also had a few decent starting Youth players in the academy.

I disagree with Slim. The Youth Pull system is garbage - you will NEVER get a 17.0 player, which is where the majority of youth money is.

It's also been shown in global studies that most U-20 players come from academies, not the pull system.

I'm a huge proponent of starting your YA as soon as possible because it takes at least a season to become profitable. Plus, it's simply more fun because it's a second team of sorts rather than a once a week scratch-off ticket.

I agree with most of that.

I just know that it took at least a season or two to get a Solid max youth guy in USA, in Canada I've had 4 Excellent max players, and a handful of Solid max players and I kept with the Youth Pull system for a long time, longer than all of you guys did, and built my "scouting network" up to I think Passable, then switched to the Youth Academy.

May just be lucky, but my Canada youth system is much better than USA.

:noidea:

I got the pull system to the highest level in Canada, and I never once got $250k+ player. I have gotten dozens of those in my USA and Canada YA over the seasons.

#Anecdotal

I made the final 256 in the Canadian Cup before being crushed by a II side last night. I definitely reaped the TS and gate receipt benefits. My exit has placed me in the Sapphire Cup where, get this, my middling IV team is on the road against a top III side. So dumb.

In USA, I'm still alive in the round of 256. I get my first home cup match of season. I'll be hosting a comparable III squad.

Set a lineup, but didn't submit it for USA Cup, so I trotted out the fear-inducing 3-3-2 formation (with my backup keeper at Winger somehow) and lost 2-0.

Sad panda.

Hattrick Organizer reminds me of Hondo...

"The premier tool your team can get !"

On to the final 128 in USA. And I get a second home match - let's go!

Huge match tonight. I'm throwing everything but the kitchen sink (the kitchen sink being a MOTS in this case) at my opponent tonight. I'm estimated to put up 410 hatstats which I believe would be a team record.

If I win, I will be able to go for it next week (regardless of opponent) because I have a bot this weekend in the league. Only drawback is matches move to neutral grounds in the round of 64.

Boom. Made it to the final 64 and now I have a date with a Major League team for the second straight season.

Starting in the round of 64, all matches are on neutral grounds, so I'll be playing at Rolling Storm Arena (137k seats) next week because it's the largest arena in America.

Prospective trainee for sale:

Allen Barker [playerid=399823382]
17 years and 0 days

Nationality: Canada

In passable (6) form, weak (4) stamina.
A controversial person who is calm and dishonest.
Has wretched (2) experience and wretched (2) leadership.
Has divine (20) loyalty.

Owner: Glenelg Gladiators (since 9-14-2014 (6/56), 0d)
Total Skill Index (TSI): 1 210
Wage: 350 US$/week
Warnings: 0
Injuries: Healthy
Specialty: Head
Best position: Inner Midfielder towards wing (13.1)
HTMS Points: Ability: 374 / Potential: 2015

Staminaweak (4)Keeperdisastrous (1)
Playmakingpassable (6)Passinginadequate (5)
Wingerpassable (6)Defendingweak (4)
Scoringpoor (3)Set Piecesdisastrous (1)

Disappointed that my 17.20 Excellent Max Winger youth has a TC of 85K. Gonna keep and train him up 1-2 levels or maybe more.

Trying to find the right time in Canada to switch over to training PM in my Wingers, not happy with the TC for Titanic Winger, Outstanding Passing [QUICK] 21 year olds.

Just coasting in USA. Currently in 1st and drew with #2 this week. Playing new #2 next week. Still trying to decide what to do with my $15MM+

Back