• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Have you ever sported a goatee?

Have you ever seriously worn a goatee?

• Total voters

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
Poll: have you ever (seriously) worn a goatee for any length of time? Your response should exclude any Halloween costumes, jokes, experiments, etc. A "yes" should indicate that you sported a goatee as a serious facial hair style for a not insignificant length of time.

If yes, please note in the thread the length of time, your age(s), and your generation.

Thanks for your participation in this important Science.

Yep. For about 12 years starting in high school. I would still have one if my current job allowed facial hair. Did not have the connecting mustache.

100% yes. '98-'01. Looked a lot like the one Chandler had....

Had one briefly 10 years ago. One of my former direct reports (cute gal) told me it made me look older, so I immediately ditched it

Yep. For about 12 years starting in high school. I would still have one if my current job allowed facial hair. Did not have the connecting mustache.

You had an actual goatee. The mustache makes it a Van Dyke.

I had both a goatee and a Van Dyke.

I hope Drayden Van Dyke does well for the Breeders Cup.

Worn a circle beard since '97. Always just called it a goatee, though. Figured anything more than a mustache but less than a beard qualified here. Sorry to spoil your important scientific study if you were specifically looking for just the goatee here.

Had a beard or just the goatee off and on in the 90’s and 00’s. Grew the goatee again for the first time in about ten years over Christmas in 2016. It came in almost all white. Figured I did not need to be doing something to make myself look older on purpose.

Had one for a period - I want to say around a year - while at Wake. No one chose to share the fact that I looked like a fucking rapist, at least not to my face.

I can't grow one, my body is virtually hairless. I'm like a fucking dolphin.

For one day at Wake, I had a moustache on the right side and the left part of a goatee.

Yes, it was for a bet.

I had one on and off between 1998-2004 when I was in my early 20s and had a pretty wispy whimpy mustache. More or less sported a full bead since then but it's about 60% white now and I'm only 40 so more and more I think it's got to go. The wife likes it though.

If you plan to stay peacefully in AL, you might need to be more than 60% white.

If you plan to stay peacefully in AL, you might need to be more than 60% white.

:rimshot:

I had a Van Dyke for about 6 months a couple of years ago. Then went full beard. Then wussed out and and shaved.

Back