• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

Mack, when someone is outside, lighting usually comes from the sun or maybe Helios in your terms. I don't know about your "Arkian flood", but I do know from reading that Noah was out there with many animals of male & female types [not Caitlyn/Bruce or Chaz/Chastity types] for 40 days and 40 nights of flooding. I also know that 40 was a pretty significant number as the Moses was on Mount Sinai for 40 days, the Israelites wondered for 40 years, a man could only receive 40 lashes maximum for a crime and Goliath taunted Saul's army for 40 days before David arrived to slay him. Mack, go back to your Bud's & Marlboro's.

What made the Israelites wonder ?!? Radio presents?

Mack, when someone is outside, lighting usually comes from the sun or maybe Helios in your terms. I don't know about your "Arkian flood", but I do know from reading that Noah was out there with many animals of male & female types [not Caitlyn/Bruce or Chaz/Chastity types] for 40 days and 40 nights of flooding. I also know that 40 was a pretty significant number as the Moses was on Mount Sinai for 40 days, the Israelites wondered for 40 years, a man could only receive 40 lashes maximum for a crime and Goliath taunted Saul's army for 40 days before David arrived to slay him. Mack, go back to your Bud's & Marlboro's.

I think I'll just rest my case on this right here. Time for a Bud.

The ACC should kick the NC schools out of the conference and let them join the Big 12.

Cal backed out of a basketball home-and-home with Kansas because of a California anti-discrimination law.

I still can't believe this is a major national issue. Honestly, I think I could recall the number of times the term transgender came up in the news on one hand prior to Bruce Jenner growing tits (I don't think he cut his dick off). And, I think referring to rules about where people piss and shit as discriminatory is discriminatory to real issues involving discrimination (similar to the overused expression of superstar, it reduces the impact of the term and is a disservice to true superstars).

I am convinced this will continue until the $$$ impacts are felt by both sides - where states like CA are impacted negatively (teams refuse to go to play there) or more importantly, TV revenues are jeopardized. It is amazing how moral resolve dissolves when there are monetary consequences.

Alright good luck with that. So far it's just those on the side of your first paragraph that are deservedly eating the financial impacts. Are you suggesting boycotts in the other direction might work lol. Yeah lets just have the Hornets stop playing in the NBA that'll show em!

Well, for starters, ESPN shouldn't be televising tonight's UNC-Duke game since it is held in NC.

I still can't believe this is a major national issue. Honestly, I think I could recall the number of times the term transgender came up in the news on one hand prior to Bruce Jenner growing tits (I don't think he cut his dick off). And, I think referring to rules about where people piss and shit as discriminatory is discriminatory to real issues involving discrimination (similar to the overused expression of superstar, it reduces the impact of the term and is a disservice to true superstars).

I am convinced this will continue until the $$$ impacts are felt by both sides - where states like CA are impacted negatively (teams refuse to go to play there) or more importantly, TV revenues are jeopardized. It is amazing how moral resolve dissolves when there are monetary consequences.

I'm in favor of any law that would keep the NBA out of North Carolina. Is there a law that we could pass that would move the NBA completely out of the country?

Bob (and I'm assuming another guy named Bob), I just turned 30 and figured it was time to stop living off my parents money while pursuing unnecessary grad degrees that definitely won't pay off for me and get a real job. While I'm waiting for Trump to bring them back from China and Mexico I thought I'd try my hand at starting my own business. I was hoping to get some feedback (and maybe an investment) from my potential customers.

I'm tired of watching the sorry excuse for basketball being played at the college and pro level so I've decided to start my own league. I'd call it the Real American Basketball League (RABL). It would be for "gym rats" only (wink wink) and the franchises would be in Real America.

This league isn't for liberal elites that just want to be seen sitting courtside. Courtside seats would be reserved for military and police. The games would start with the pledge of allegiance, national anthem and a prayer and would end in a prayer as well. Tattoos, profanity, or showboating of any kind would be banned.

Costs would be low. We would play the games in high school gyms and players would play for the love of the game. There's got to be a market for this right?

repealing the 13th amendment would probably work.

Nah, that wouldn't do it. The billionaire NBA owners already own the players. If you repealed the 13th, they just wouldn't have to pay them and the players couldn't leave to play for another owner. We would still have the NBA, unfortunately.

Bob (and I'm assuming another guy named Bob), I just turned 30 and figured it was time to stop living off my parents money while pursuing unnecessary grad degrees that definitely won't pay off for me and get a real job. While I'm waiting for Trump to bring them back from China and Mexico I thought I'd try my hand at starting my own business. I was hoping to get some feedback (and maybe an investment) from my potential customers.

I'm tired of watching the sorry excuse for basketball being played at the college and pro level so I've decided to start my own league. I'd call it the Real American Basketball League (RABL). It would be for "gym rats" only (wink wink) and the franchises would be in Real America.

This league isn't for liberal elites that just want to be seen sitting courtside. Courtside seats would be reserved for military and police. The games would start with the pledge of allegiance, national anthem and a prayer and would end in a prayer as well. Tattoos, profanity, or showboating of any kind would be banned.

Costs would be low. We would play the games in high school gyms and players would play for the love of the game. There's got to be a market for this right?

Happy Birthday.

It's looking like WF has a good chance to go 7-11 (or better) in the ACC now. When they win their 7th ACC game, if you will PM me your name & address and the name of the charity you want me to make the check out to, I will send you the $150 that I promised.

Please show me the teams that have refused to play in CA.

Happy Birthday.

It's looking like WF has a good chance to go 7-11 (or better) in the ACC now. When they win their 7th ACC game, if you will PM me your name & address and the name of the charity you want me to make the check out to, I will send you the $150 that I promised.

Thanks. I know better than to count my chickens before they've hatched though. Still need two more.

Please show me the teams that have refused to play in CA.

For a guy involved in the literary business one would think you could read and comprehend what was written. My post theorizes that at some point if CA, used as example, insists on punishing another state (by restricting teams from playing in that state) only because the state has a different view of things than CA, at some point it is likely to be reciprocal. Is CA going to stop shipping CA produce to Kansas? Seems like they would to be consistent in their reasoning.

And the University of Cal Berkeley says no to a home & home with Kansas because of similar laws [now that is the home of fruits & nuts refusing to come see OZ & Dorothy]

Back