• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

He’s Everywhere - And Home (John Currie)

thatguy2016

Reaction score
Nice article about our AD

He's trying extremely hard to undo the enormous pile of shit left by the shit-piler himself. I think he's making excellent progress. COVID set him back a bit on plans but I think he's gaining momentum again.

I'm thrilled he's Wake's AD.

He's trying extremely hard to undo the enormous pile of shit left by the shit-piler himself. I think he's making excellent progress. COVID set him back a bit on plans but I think he's gaining momentum again.

I'm thrilled he's Wake's AD.
I don't know. We may have COVID to thank for Forbes. We may not get him if other programs weren't so conservative with coaching changes that year.,

I don't know. We may have COVID to thank for Forbes. We may not get him if other programs weren't so conservative with coaching changes that year.,

I was speaking at a macro level, not micro. But I get your point as well regarding Forbes. Timing is often everything.

Took stones on Currie’s part to fire Manning when he did and to snag Forbes in the process. The Manning v. WF lawsuit had to be assumed, and Currie did it anyway.

I’m thinking he spent his time during that first year raising funds to do some of the shit he did and knew he was going to do - regardless of Covid. Doing it during a global pandemic also shows how committed some of our big money donors are to the b-ball program. It’s really nice to care again. Thank you, John!

One question in reading that article: how the heck does a kid from N.C. with his h.s. credentials get wait-listed? Maybe his SAT sucked big-time.

If there’s a single person at Wake that I’m grateful for most in the past twenty 23 years, it’s Currie.
We agree on something! John Currie is the right guy for this job. Takes a serious political fella with patience to unravel the giant puzzle of crap created by the Wellman era. Hamstringing the next fella by buying the Joel as his career was ending is just one example of the disaster it will take a decade + to unravel. Currie is the man for the job.

We should be so thankful every day for the horrific decision Tennessee made to fire Currie so he couldn't stop them from hiring the abysmal Jeremy Pruitt. We would never have been able to compete with what they were paying Currie. And now he's ours! Great decision to hire young and hungry!

We agree on something! John Currie is the right guy for this job. Takes a serious political fella with patience to unravel the giant puzzle of crap created by the Wellman era. Hamstringing the next fella by buying the Joel as his career was ending is just one example of the disaster it will take a decade + to unravel. Currie is the man for the job.

We should be so thankful every day for the horrific decision Tennessee made to fire Currie so he couldn't stop them from hiring the abysmal Jeremy Pruitt. We would never have been able to compete with what they were paying Currie. And now he's ours! Great decision to hire young and hungry!
Good to know someone in their 50s is young. Great to have a young BB Coach, FB Coach, and AD !

We hired him in his 40s thank you very much.

Wellman is currently sitting next to me on flight into Greensboro for the game. He said hello but you can see his angst as I am on my IPad on the board posting about his dumbass!

We hired him in his 40s thank you very much.

Wellman is currently sitting next to me on flight into Greensboro for the game. He said hello but you can see his angst as I am on my IPad on the board posting about his dumbass!
Get a good deal on a Spirit flight so you could afford to come?
Or better question: if you are such an important donor then does Wellman know who you are?

Wellman knew about 20 wake alums during his tenure. Sadly I was one of them. Otherwise Concrete Ron kept his head down and refused to speak to others.

Wellman knew about 20 wake alums during his tenure. Sadly I was one of them. Otherwise Concrete Ron kept his head down and refused to speak to others.
Then why didn’t you push for the enactment of a smaller arena, an on-campus arena, the movement of student seating, etc.? If you are one of only 20 alums and you keep blaming alums, then logically you are 1/20 of the problem and, unless posters are the other 19, then it’s none of our faults.

I pushed it privately and publicly for decades. Sorry you are just paying attention.

Back to Currie. Guy understands Twitter and uses it to our benefit. Guy understand the secondary ticket market and also uses it to make us money. Currie is the modern AD we’ve needed for so long.

Then why didn’t you push for the enactment of a smaller arena, an on-campus arena, the movement of student seating, etc.? If you are one of only 20 alums and you keep blaming alums, then logically you are 1/20 of the problem and, unless posters are the other 19, then it’s none of our faults.

Just based on his board persona, donaldross seems like someone who is incredibly ineffective and non-influential.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that his personality and demeanor / lack of credibility (based on his message board behavior) would not be conducive to getting what he wants.

If anything, his superpower seems to be getting people who actually agree with him to not support him.

No question about that. Gloves have been off with Wake Forest after 2 decades of trying to convince folks the nice way.

Willing to have pariah status on basketball stadium issue.

No question about that. Gloves have been off with Wake Forest after 2 decades of trying to convince folks the nice way.

Willing to have pariah status on basketball stadium issue.
Honestly, the giving of tons of money (according to you) to our rivals is much worse than your obnoxious bball coliseum broken record.

Back