• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Head of Barilla pasta tells unhappy gays they can eat another brand

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
:eek:
After saying that he would never run an ad depicting a gay family he added:
“Ours is a classic family where the woman plays a fundamental role. If [gays] don’t like it, they can go eat another brand,” according to a Reuters translation.
Competitor Bertolli Germany lost little time presenting itself as that very option, as told by AdWeek. Posting a photo and caption that translates to “pasta and love for all” on its Facebook page and resurrecting a commercial from 2011 featuring gay couples.
Update: Luca Di Leo, head of media relations at Barilla asked if I would post the recent video apology from Guido Barilla. This, in addition to his previous apologies, seeks to make amends with customers who were offended by the previous remarks.

I mean the guy is being a dick, but its probably not a terrible business decision. Also who actually knows the brand of pasta they're eating?

Oh yeah, Italians and their Catholicism.

Now feel free to post some faux outrage.

That guy realizes that lesbians eat spaghetti too, right? I guess both the women in that family are "fundamental"?

Would he be a bigot if he refused to post an ad showing a family that had one husband and five wives?

I mean the guy is being a dick, but its probably not a terrible business decision. Also who actually knows the brand of pasta they're eating?

Oh yeah, Italians and their Catholicism.

Now feel free to post some faux outrage.

I'd say criticizing a demographic that the majority of Europe/N America accepts is a bad business decision. That he had to make an apology video shows it clearly was a bad decision. Sure, a lot of people choose to live in 20th century, but many more have moved on.

Well, pasta lovers may tend to be a gullible bunch. Probably can always sell to the British...

Real adults who buy groceries for themselves?

ramen-noodles2.jpg

Back