• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I don't really have any wild cards except for the few I have left over from TGT and the single player expansions so probably a variation on elemental shaman.

It would be hilarious to play a reno mill rogue again.

I've started playing Pirate Warrior in Standard AND Wild. I've become what I once hated.

But not really, because I want to win and it's the quickest and best deck available overall - can't hate on that :thumbsup:

Wild is super interesting right now. I think I might focus on it this month, especially with Blizzard showing it love with the Tavern Brawl and the upcoming 64 person invitational. The amount of viable decks is insane.

Logged in for the first time in a while and this was my third of the 3 free packs:

2njze44.png

:eek: :wiggle:

This is total amateur hour.

Blizzard is hosting competitive tournament matches at fucking Buffalo Wild Wings.

I've been really disappointed with Blizzard and their lack of support for competitive HS. I hate that there is an environment where the best players choose to cast or stream (thinking mainly about Firebat and Kibler, but certainly others) rather than play competitively. Kibler is in the fucking MTG hall of fame, but we won't ever see him on stage at the world championships? Kinda sucks.

I've been really disappointed with Blizzard and their lack of support for competitive HS. I hate that there is an environment where the best players choose to cast or stream (thinking mainly about Firebat and Kibler, but certainly others) rather than play competitively. Kibler is in the fucking MTG hall of fame, but we won't ever see him on stage at the world championships? Kinda sucks.

I don't know that that's a Blizzard issue though. I think that's more that they realize they can make as much if not more streaming and that it's way less stressful than competitive play.

I don't know that that's a Blizzard issue though. I think that's more that they realize they can make as much if not more streaming and that it's way less stressful than competitive play.

I agree that it's not all on them, and i'm admitting I know nothing of the economics. But I do think they could play a more active role in developing the competitive scene and making it more attractive to the best players. I'm just asking if there is a middle ground between subsidizing prize pools and fucking BWW.

So I just started playing this the other day. Yes, I'm a wee bit late to the party, but it seems like a really great game.

I started playing and, after the tutorials were over, kept getting destroyed by the CPU. I finally googled a bit, found the initial trump teachings videos, watched them, and proceeded to win all of the base level CPU matchups. Apparently, having some vague concept of what you're supposed to do is useful. Who knew.

I'm currently still in the process of getting each hero to 10 so I can get all the basic cards.

Does anyone have a favorite deck list/site? I'm particularly interested in decks that don't require any dust because, well, I have almost none right now.

I'm gonna try to get back into HS a bit in June/July when I get down to Charleston. Since I'll be working from home I should have time to get caught back up.

Been watching a few streamers to get general deck ideas. Ready to dominate the HS OGBoards landscape.

Thanks HTTD. I'm still just working through getting all the basic cards right now. I'm letting my quests of the day dictate which ones I'll play. So far, I'm at about 50% win rate on unfinished basic decks in casual play. I'll take that.

I sent a friend request to everyone who had their battle tag listed on the first page. Mine is WFU03#1784.

Will accept.

If you have any questions then just ask here and we will do our best to help. Casual play is fun for learning the game, but you will probably want to play a bit of ranked to get a true feel of the current meta at some point.

The decks in casual tend to not be very refined and are more experimental.

Happy 12th to Leeroy Jenkins. Was my first golden pull but I dusted it for the nerf dust value. Feelsbadman

By the way, I also signed up for the beta of Gwent. Anyone playing that as well? I loved the game when it was part of The Witcher 3.

I crafted Elise to try out the control priest deck where you try to get 2 Un'goro packs using the 2 mana priest spell that digs for spells. It's pretty fun. I'm down to like 1400 dust so I need to probably start saving for next expansion but I still need so many cards.

Back