• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

I'm up to 6-2 with a Mage main/Hunter hero power. I've got ridiculous secret synergy: Arcanologist, Medivh's Valet, Avian Watcher, Kabal Crystal Runner, 2x Freezing Trap, Mirror Entity, and Counterspell. It's an unremarkable deck otherwise, but I'll shoot for infinite tonight.

This format is super fresh.

Last edited:
I was not given very good options for my first picks, so I went Priest-Druid. Unremarkable draft and poor results to this point.

I'm up to 6-2 with a Mage main/Hunter hero power. I've got ridiculous secret synergy: Arcanologist, Medivh's Valet, Avian Watcher, Kabal Crystal Runner, 2x Freezing Trap, Mirror Entity, and Counterspell. It's an unremarkable deck otherwise, but I'll shoot for infinite tonight.

This format is super fresh.

Came very close to going to the distance! Unfortunately, I ran into a Priest/Rogue that got two Ethereal Peddlers (an insane card in this format) down quickly.

qnepUv3.png

2bNcSee.png

u2UrTXE.png

1) Etheral Peddler is broken AF in this arena format.
2) The only thing better than a Rogue with Peddlers is a Priest that steals them.
3) Did OSD, the (o)y(o) dude, design the Karazhan board? When you see it, you'll know what I mean.

6bwYUsM.png

I had what I thought was a great arena deck and ended up 5 wins. There's some serious synergy with some of those dual class picks.

I'm shooting for 5:45. Unfortunately, I have to leave around 6:30 again because of a work obligation, but I'm looking forward it.

Played out my three, free arena tickets...went 24-8. Much fun, much success.

I'm leaving the final one at two losses because I think we'll get another free ticket next week for retired runs.

Is everyone getting it or just if you bought a blizzcon ticket?

Also, the theme seems lame compared to the last few.

Everyone gets Marin. The Blizzcon ticket gets you a gold one, too.

Indeed, this is a less serious expansion. It's less Naxx/Old Gods/Frozen Throne, and more League of Explorers/Karazhan/Mean Streets thematically.

I'm rereading Harry Potter, and those Marin treasures just remind me of the Elder Wand, Ravenclaw's Diadem, and Hufflepuff's Cup.

Only 6 with that one. Then had a decent Druid/Hunter deck that I retired at 7-2.

Back