• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

The rotation will make that even more drastic. The first few days of a new expansion are always a lot of fun, but both times we've had a rotation have been the best times in the game is in terms of exploration and playing decks to have fun.

My favorite cards in the game right now are Kingsbane and Valeera the Hollow. With Coldlight and most of the weapon buffers rotating, not sure that deck will survive. But hopefully some variation of miracle with the DK will be viable.

Last edited:
I just use innkeeper for the card tracking.

I also thought about fretting over gold and dust and trying to maximize my chances of getting legendaries. Then, I just figured that if I spend $50 on a pre-order and maybe an extra $50 each time along with what I already have, I'll pretty much have all I ever need. Considering the value of time, I think it's a pretty good deal and much better than playing tier 4 decks because that's all I can construct.

That being said, I started playing during Unguro, so I basically didn't buy any packs from Old Gods or Mean Streets. I did get Karazan though. I'm excited for the rotation because I'll finally be on an even playing ground with all of the people who have been plopping down N'Zoths and Fandrals.

I also got an Unguro pack from my quest today and it had a legendary, so that's nice. :)

All of my quest reward packs have been either Kobolds or Witchwood. I was going to buy packs with the new expansion to try and get one last legendary from the last three expansions but I just opened Ixlid, Fungal Lord today so I think I'll leave Kobolds off that list.

All of my quest reward packs have been either Kobolds or Witchwood. I was going to buy packs with the new expansion to try and get one last legendary from the last three expansions but I just opened Ixlid, Fungal Lord today so I think I'll leave Kobolds off that list.

I just opened Ixlid yesterday.

Okay, I confess I was wrong about the new ranking system. It's only April 3rd and I'm already back to Dad Legend with my Big Beast Hunter.

Also, the new Priest Legendary that inner fires your entire deck is going to be a thing with Ysera and the new minion that's a 3/15 but has the battlecry of losing health based on the number of cards in your opponents hand.

I was taking a look back at the Old Gods and Mean Streets sets and what legendaries I had from each set.

Old Gods - I did pretty well with this expansion
Mukla, Tyrant of the Vale: After I crafted the Mage quest, I made a version of the deck featuring Mukla and The Curator. Didn't really work well.

Hogger, Doom of Elywnn: This was the first legit legendary I opened way back when I first started. I played it in my basic mage deck and would ping it for taunts. Good times.

Malkorak: Never used him.

Ragnaros, Lightlord: I made multiple Paladin decks, control, dragon, handbuff, all of which featured a copy of Ragnaros, Lightlord. Peace out bro.

C'Thun: Yeah we all had him. Back when I didn't know what I was doing, I threw him in my mage deck with no support. Since then, I made some fun C'Thun decks. Good times.

N'Zoth the Corruptor: Jade Rogue, Control Mage, Quest Priest - the quest, I made a lot of fun, goofy decks with N'Zoth over the years. I would say I would miss you the most except for...

Yogg: Okay, I crafted him. Honestly, who didn't? Yogg was so much fun. So random, so unpredictable. Those times he won me some games. Those times where he would fireball himself on his first spell. I'll miss you most of all buddy.

Mean Streets (fuck Jades, I won't miss you at all)
Auctionmaster Beardo: Never played you. Sorry bud.

Knuckles: I had you in a bunch of my tempo Hunter decks. You never got to hit much but you drew a lot of attention from my opponent. And you've done well with the Death Hunter Rexxar. Take care friend.

White Eyes: Me and you had a lot of fun in Un'goro when I played a lot of elemental shaman. You took me to my first top ten finish. Hats off buddy. May you and N'zoth ride off in to the sunset together.

Krul the Unshackled: I wanted you to be good. And for that brief moment where Reno Jackson was in standard, we had some fun together with a Pit Lord. I think you should have seen more play in Standard along side Kazakus and Blood Reaver Gul'dan. Alas, it never happened. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I miss old Yogg. I hope they give it the Molten Giant treatment some day for wild. I remember crafting him golden day one of Old Gods cause I thought it was hilarious. Ended up being good.

One of my favorite decks of all time was a variation on token druid in Old Gods before it got really fast in Frozen Throne. Running violet teachers, bunch of spells and buffs, Cenarius, and two copies of Wisps of the Old Gods. Basically keep spamming the board with tokens until I finally ran them out of board clears and savage roar them to death. Nothing more fun than landing Wisps, a card everyone thought was awful, with Fandral (really gonna miss this card) on board. And then Soul of the Forest to make it unclearable. All this usually required an old innervate and was super greedy, but fun as hell.

Yogg was the key to the deck -- it was ok but a little inconsistent and Yogg was just the wildcard that could pull me out of insane tight spots or sometimes flat out win a game I had no chance to win. Maybe not fun to lose to but any time I got wrecked by a crazy Yogg it just made me laugh. Got my first rank 5 playing that deck.

First, Paladin mimicked Loatheb. Now, they're reviving Mysterious Challenger/Mad Scientist.

0R16ZrO.png

Last edited:
Thoughts on Toki? Cool card i think, but i wonder if mage control decks see play, that Elise is strictly better. Maybe just fun meme card.

Thoughts on Toki? Cool card i think, but i wonder if mage control decks see play, that Elise is strictly better. Maybe just fun meme card.

I was thinking fun meme card. There's way too much variation in Legendaries to get a good one. For every Sylvanus, there are two Shifter Zeruses.

Someone correct me if I wrong but I think tomorrow is the last day of free packs in quests. So finish all your quests tomorrow, no matter what they are.

You're right - time to clear the quest log.

It looks like everyone is capped at 4 WW packs from this event, plus the 3 free ones at launch.

RIP Murloc Paladin. I enjoyed crushing the ladder with you for several months.

For good measure, I took it to Dad Legend on expansion eve.

I'd like both of the even / odd legendaries. I don't know if they'll be good this expansion or not but they seem like they'll have potential for a while. I think the Inner Fire priest card will be good and the mage cards will be fun.

Like last expansion, I think the more impactful cards are going to end up being epics, not legendaries.

I would like to get Tess since I've been playing almost all rogue lately. Not sure if a thief deck will work but maybe it'd be worth a slot in miracle with 2 hallucinations.

Outside of that the even/odd neutrals would be good value. I have to think at least one strong deck involving each will coalesce at some point in the expansion.

Power level of witchwood seems low. The cards are interesting though. It pretty much depends on how hard the rotation hits overall power levels. Frozen Throne cards and DKs are kind of ridiculous compared to the way these new cards look.

Never seeing Barnes again in standard will make me very happy. Might be my least favorite card in the history of the game

Back