• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Never seeing Barnes again in standard will make me very happy. Might be my least favorite card in the history of the game

That's Jade Idol for me. I won't miss that card. At all. Jades were fine but the infinite cycle of Jade Idol made the whole concept obnoxious.

And nevermind. I got the terrible tables full message.

77 packs. got Splintergraft, Toki, Glass Knight, Hagatha, Azalina and Countess. Blackhowl Gunspire my free one.

Pretty good legendary rate, so I'm happy. I'll most likely wait a few days, but will craft Shudderwock soon.

77 packs

Free: Blackhowl Gunspire

Golden Genn Greymane
Dollmaster Dorian
Toki, Time-Tinker
Face Collector
Emeriss

Overall I'm pretty happy with that haul. I wanted the even / odd guys and got one of them right away. Toki will be a lot of fun even if he sucks.

I've got 11125 gold so I'll probably buy some more packs but I'm happy with that start so far.

77 packs from the pre-order, plus 65 from gold. I got:

Free: Lord Godfrey

Houndmaster Shaw
Emeriss
Archmage Arugal
Toki
Chameleos
Face Collector
Golden Hagatha the Witch
Golden Dollmaster Dorian
Baku the Mooneater
Genn Greymane

So, 11 in 142 packs or, not counting the free one and the one in the first 10 packs, 9 in 132. That's an average of one every 14.6 packs, so that's not too bad.

77 packs: Darius Crowley (free), Toki, Face Collector, Splintergraft (golden), Glass Knight and Houndmaster Shaw. Pretty solid.

I crafted Tess Greymane... first time I played her I was about to turn the tide against a control mage, I had 12 health and 4 minions vs his 1 on board... the pyroblast I took off hallucination hit me in the face and I lost.

Bought 10 more Witchwood packs, 15 more LK packs, and 20 more Un'goro packs and got. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't gotten the LK and Un'goro packs since I got crappy legendaries. I'm down to 6640 gold with 14k dust so I think I might stop now.

Lord Godfrey
Houndmaster Shaw
Blood Queen Lana'thiel
Ozruk

I'm just hoping this new expansion makes the meta much more balanced (or at least "different"). I feel like this game was horribly broken for the past couple of months. I pretty much only saw a couple of different Warlock decks, one dragon priest deck and a kingsbane rogue for weeks and weeks and weeks now. Got really effin old.

Right now there are 7 legendaries I wouldn't mind having:

Archmage Arugal
Prince Liam
Lady in White
Glinda Crowskin
Tess Greymane
Shudderwock
Baku the Mooneater

There are 8 others that I don't really want. I'm leaning toward getting another legendary before starting to save my gold.

Bought 20 more packs and ended up with Archmage Arugal. I think I'm done with packs now. I might end up crafting Shudderwock and Baku at some point, especially Shudderwock.

Obviously too early to tell but I see a bunch of viable Warlock decks so I think I'm going to craft Gul'dan too.

Shudderwock Shaman is officially a thing and annoying as fuck.

I was just coming on here to complain about it.

I played 5 matches yesterday and three of them were against Shudderwock Shaman with cards to double up battlecries, etc. It just flat out breaks the game. I guess the only thing you can do is have some ridiculous face deck that wins by turn 6 against that deck?

Tess is super fun if you steal and play an opponent DK. It then counts you as their class and replays all your own Rogue spells. Especially fun if you had the echo spell that steals cards and played it a bunch of times.

Just had my best pack opening ever! 78 packs yielded...

SEVEN Legendaries (8 with my free Tess Greymane)
15 Epics
6 Golden Commons
6 Golden Rares
1 Golden Epic

Total dust: 2,145 (3,945 with HOF dust)

200px-Emeriss%2889370%29.png

200px-Archmage_Arugal%2889424%29.png

200px-The_Glass_Knight%2889411%29.png

200px-Tess_Greymane%2889422%29.png

200px-Lord_Godfrey%2889359%29.png

200px-Dollmaster_Dorian%2889402%29.png

200px-Genn_Greymane%2889336%29.png

200px-Countess_Ashmore%2889415%29.png

Blizzard is 'actively looking' at Shudderwock - is it worth a craft in case there's actually a nerf soon?

When I first saw Shudderwock, my immediate thought was pair him up with Servant of Kalimos, Stonehill Defender, and cards like that to refill my hand at some point. So even if they end up nerfing Shudderwock, which by the way, the easiest way would be for Saronite Chain Gang to make a copy of Saronite Chain Gang, not Shudderwork, I'd probably still keep him because I think he's a fun card.

The biggest problem is how long the animations take. I started my OTK turn with him earlier today, went downstairs and had a conversation with my wife about how I needed to go under the house to turn on the water, looked around for the flashlight, came back upstairs to change my pants, and the animations were still going.

Back