• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

This deck is crazy. Total RNG fiesta but actually mildly competitive (keeping in mind I'm at rank 13, but Asmodai has been playing it with some success in legend). I'm not sold on Book of Specters, as I seem to burn a lot of spells... but the deck doesn't really work without Mana Cyclone in hand so I can see why the extra draw is needed. Having a blast playing it so far -- things get really wacky if you pick up a Blast Wave in your random cards against some of the token decks out there.

### Miracle
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Elemental Evocation
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 2x (1) Mirror Image
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (2) Book of Specters
# 1x (2) Khadgar
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Banana Buffoon
# 2x (3) Conjurer's Calling
# 2x (3) Mind Control Tech
# 2x (3) Questing Adventurer
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (7) Rabble Bouncer
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
#
AAECAf0EBO72AqCAA9KJA5aaAw2rBOYE3gWXBuEHvAjO7wLIhwPbiQODlgOfmwPimwP/nQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Ended up playing 21 games and going 14-7. I was 13-2 at one point, granted not against the cream of the crop. But I will say I had a lot more success early when I was fascinated by the Mana Cyclone combo and focused my mulligan around that. It's definitely a tempo oriented deck. The mountain giant package is obviously insane but most of my losses came when I shifted into trying to make that work more often and keeping MGs in my hand early. There are just objectively better decks for that combo. I'd play more toward the questing/miracle style with the MGs just there as a backup.

Ended up playing 21 games and going 14-7. I was 13-2 at one point, granted not against the cream of the crop. But I will say I had a lot more success early when I was fascinated by the Mana Cyclone combo and focused my mulligan around that. It's definitely a tempo oriented deck. The mountain giant package is obviously insane but most of my losses came when I shifted into trying to make that work more often and keeping MGs in my hand early. There are just objectively better decks for that combo. I'd play more toward the questing/miracle style with the MGs just there as a backup.

I'm playing the more traditional version that was being played in HCT, and it just feels so dirty. Beating every kind of meta deck, including a rogue that dropped an early 10/10 van cleef. I don't have Khadgar, so i just run the big dragon, but Messenger Raven feels like playing stonehill defender in paladin. Just so many good options to choose from, whether looking for tempo or greed.

The mountain giant combo is sick, and generally game winning. I wasn't having luck with Book of Specters (ended up burning 3 spells way too often), so I tried out one Polymorph for opposing Mages and a Research Project for draw. Seemed alright but not ideal either.

The deck has a lot of ways to win. I like Cyclone because it can generate stall or burn based on what you need -- generally you cycle enough cards to at least hit something of value. Khadgar can be great combined with Mirror Images, or even for using Conjurer's on a 3 drop or the Rabble Bouncers. The card that generates bananas is nuts in this deck, and even Stargazer Luna is tough for a lot of decks to cleanly deal with if you just drop it on 3.

Looks like a newer version has refined a bit -- cutting the Books and one Mind Control Tech for Harrison Jones, one Sandbinder, and Antonidas.

Last edited:
Got to rank 5 on the first day of the season, which is nice. Been playing the Bunnyhoppor hunter deck (runs the 2 mana 1/3 lifesteal instead of the hench-clan charge 2 mana minion). Went 15-6 to get there.

I really want to make that deck that rawarr was talking about, but don’t have khadgar either. Asmodai is a damn champ at It and definitely focused on cycling cards with cyclone in the early game, or making big Questing’s to stall.

While rogue and warrior can feel oppressive on ladder i think the Meta is in a really fun place right now.

MHB and myself also hit Dad Legend yesterday. Are you guys going to push for actual Legend? You've got 30 days.

Ugh this is so disappointing.

Quote from Dave Kosak
Glad to hear you're interested in the new single player campaign! We wanted to give everyone a few weeks after the expansion before talking about it more, but stick around, here's the plan:

Next week on Thursday May 9th we'll post a video where Mission Designer Giovanni Scarpati will walk you through all the stuff to come. We'll also be announcing the launch date (don't worry - it's soon!). There's a LOT to talk about, we're pretty fired up about it. Stay tuned for more!

First we get to pay for the content, and now we get to wait for it, too!

Trying to hit legend, while I'm supposed to be job hunting, is probably a recipe for divorce. Not ruling it out, but...

I feel like this meta is what Boomsday was supposed to be if Genn and Baku didn't overshadow everything.

I hit Rank 4 in Standard and Wild last night. It's a nice mental exercise to alternate games between Standard Control Warrior and Wild Kingsbane Rogue. When I'm feeling especially masochistic, I'll switch every other game between Myracle Tempo and Kingsbane Rogue - it can be challenging because you mulligan totally differently even though the core cards are mostly the same.

Our guy Doofus is up to Rank 3! He's sporting a great winrate so far this season.

Ugh this is so disappointing.

Quote from Dave Kosak

First we get to pay for the content, and now we get to wait for it, too!

And now we get to wait more while they spoil the content for us!

F0O3a9G.png

:couch:

I felt bad for doofus. I drew the nuts AND RNGesus rewarded my supplication.

Kept Raiding Party in the mulligan, and added Backstab & EVIL. Turn 3, I backstabbed into EVIL & Turn 4, I evolved the Miscreant into a 3/8 Hecklebot while also summoning a Mana Wyrm from a Faceless Lackey.

By the way, I've been loving secret hunter the past few days. It just wrecks any tempo deck. Rat Trap and Freezing Trap might be the two best anti-tempo cards in the game.

I've had several rogues concede on turn 4 when the Rat Trap triggers and it warms my heart.

So out of boredom I've come back to Hearthstone after many months away. I'm way behind and no idea where to start. I tried to come back before, but gave up rather quickly as I've never been too great at this game. I like coming back for the puzzle adventures though.

Back