• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

Congrats to HTTD for winning the first board tournament. any suggestions on ways to improve? you guys want to do it all again in couple weeks?

Thanks. Your decks are very good.

In terms of improvement - I think times need to be agreed upon and set in advance, and rules established for walkovers. Also, the banning of decks should be done through a third party (as many of us started doing). Otherwise, there is plenty of flexibility in varying the format to keep things fresh. Numbers mentioned potentially starting a boards league.

And I'm definitely in for future competitions.

I think we should definitely look into the Tavern Brawl and have a mini tournament each Brawl session, depending on the length and maybe keeping a cumulative standings table?

Any ideas or interest in some form of like Season Standings among the 8-10 of us that play regularly?

I like this idea.

I had a warlock quest last night so I picked it for arena. I know it is generally thought of as weak in arena, but I went 6-3. power overwhelming and soulfire gave me some solid burst. Also had a mechwarper, harvest golem, two piloted shredders and a piloted sky golem.

One time the sky golem popped out a shredder, which was sweet.

Ha, just saw where you choose a hero for your opponent, they open the deck builder and just click done and have the deck builder build you a random deck.

I wonder how much variety there would be in that.

lol at the OCD/anal people complaining about the buttons:

daFl52V.png

Thanks. Your decks are very good.

In terms of improvement - I think times need to be agreed upon and set in advance, and rules established for walkovers. Also, the banning of decks should be done through a third party (as many of us started doing). Otherwise, there is plenty of flexibility in varying the format to keep things fresh. Numbers mentioned potentially starting a boards league.

And I'm definitely in for future competitions.

I'm in again. I'll avoid weddings this time.

I'm fairly bad, but there always needs to be a team in the basement. I'm in for whatever.

Maybe it's just because I'm strong right now, but I think we could do a tournament style with all using basic/common cards.

We could definitely do that.

I was thinking out loud to HTTD/Doofus earlier how it kind of sucks to be starting now because all the arena decks are GVG decks. I think they should do a 50/50 shot on GVG or regular cards for arena. I don't have anywhere close to all the legendaries in either.

I'm in for whatever since all I'm doing right now is studying for the Bar. I think having a season standings where we change the format each week could be fun - some variations thrown in like "build a deck in five minutes of your opponents choosing" and it's best 2 out of 3, something where it's all basic/common cards, something where you eliminate your top 3 hero classes (in good faith) based on how many wins you have and then you can choose three decks out of the remaining six heroes, etc.

Lots of fun ways and I'm sure there's a lot of ideas out there in general.

Just went 5-3 with a Priest deck in the Arena. My rewards: 50 dust, 60 gold, and a pack.

The pack:

jrv6dd.png

That's an epic pack

Gave me 2000+ dust, but I have no idea what to craft now. Kind of thinking about working on a handlock deck, but it may be wiser to start stockpiling dust until new cards come out. I can already make basically every deck except handlock, so I'm not sure I'm missing much.

New patch going live. Can anyone confirm if it includes tavern brawl?

Eta: nvm, looks like they are still working on tavern brawl.

Last edited:
Saw some deck stats: 33% of users utilize all 9 deck slots and 51% of users maintain 7-9 deck slots. It's time they added more.

Also, you'll get a Classic Pack for your first Tavern Brawl win every week (sweet), and TB will work towards daily quests and 10 gold/3 wins. AND you can do all this while playing friends. I like it.

Back