• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hearthstone Thread FTMFW - 4/7 Ashes of Outland release - New Demon Hunter class!

watching tavern brawl as I think its live on EU. Seems like pre-made decks right now. Thought maybe there would be a deck building component. Looks fun though.

I logged in this morning and the space on the homescreen where the Tavern Brawl button will be glowed, but still no button.

I thought it would have been released with the update this morning?

Just played 1 match at lunch on my phone...couldn't really tell what the rules were...

Looks like Blackrock Mountain boss decks?

It's lots of fun. Spoilers below:

You're randomly assigned Ragnaros or Nefarian as your hero, both with pre-constructed decks. The decks are mostly made of unavailable cards, some of which were seen in the BRM quests. Each hero has a different starting point (life/armor/mana/hero power). I got Nefarian in my first game and absolutely crushed it, but I'm sure it's well balanced and I just got lucky*.

*His hero power adds a random spell to your hand for two mana, and that spell costs zero. I got 2x Lightbomb, Holy Nova, the Druid 5 Wisp Spell, and Demonheart, so that was cool.

Why spoiler?

I got Nefarian, started with 5(?) Mana, I think it was 30 Health/30 Armor, and lost to Rag...I pulled a Mortal Coil and Humility...neither of which helped much.

I got Rag and went down early but recovered to deal 48 damage after going through my weapon in turn seven or eight to get the win.

Gotcha...I actually came here to specifically ask what the deck types were lol

Alright...I'm close to calling it quits on the boards.

If you guys wanna Brawl or play sometime, or setup a league, then hit me up on HS.

People say Nef is too OP. I played twice and got Rag both times, barely lost first game and won 2nd easily.

I'm sure it's balanced - Blizzard has entire teams that play test this shit forever. I think a lot of people are unfamiliar with playing a true control style deck (which is what Rag is in this scenario) and are just whining.

However, I'd say that it is easier to play Nef. You start with more resources, your hero power can be immensely useful, and the converse of the above: most people are familiar with playing beatdown or tempo decks.

Yeah, I got wiped with Rags at first, but that's because I didn't know what cards were in his deck. Once you're familiar with the deck, it's a lot easier to adjust your playing style.

Unless I'm playing a friend, I almost always squelch my opponent immediately. Ain't nobody got time for BM.

What's everyone's favorite deck? I've won five in a row with a rush warlock but considering how limited my deck is in general still, that is going to have a pretty firm ceiling against better decks and smarter players.

*now 11-1. Prob means I spent too much time tonight on this. Mage board clears are biggest threat to it. Still trying to balance how to play against that. The strategy is to flood the board very early and with overwhelming numbers and draws, but the downside of having so many 1-3 cost minions is susceptibility to AoE.

Last edited:
Back