• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heat Wave

tigerswood

Reaction score
This is uncool. It's 103 outside and the AC in our office is broken. It's 87 inside and climbing. I feel like I'm in India.

105 outside, 68 in my office.

Phone is telling me its 102 outside. Good thing I'm riding my bike home...

It's f'king hot. I should be in the mountains but it's over 90 in Linville and I only have a small window AC unit there. I think I may go anyway. 106 in Raleigh.

It already tied the all-time record high temperature on any day in RDU: 105 degrees.

WRAL is listing Raleigh as being 107 at 5pm. Crikes!

I don't get why people on Facebook need to post pictures of the temperature from their car and from their phone, everyone knows its hot, if you went outside you know its hot. I get it, its fucking hot and everyone already knows. Even a deaf, blind, mute, man with no hands or feet, and sense of smell knows its hot. The only way to not know its hot is A. Never go outside or B. Go outside and somehow have congenital analgesia

I don't get why people on Facebook need to post pictures of the temperature from their car and from their phone, everyone knows its hot, if you went outside you know its hot. I get it, its fucking hot and everyone already knows. Even a deaf, blind, mute, man with no hands or feet, and sense of smell knows its hot. The only way to not know its hot is A. Never go outside or B. Go outside and somehow have congenital analgesia

Or people have friends who live in other places.

Now we have a derecho moving through that has a history of 90 mph winds.

It's 90 outside right now...at 10:38. That is not right.

Am I the only one thinking about Robin Williams in "Good Morning Vietnam"?

"It's hot, it's damn hot."

Oh yeah, this derecho is stupid. knocking limbs down outside like crazy.

Pretty interesting too. It all of the sudden became very windy. Didnt know what was going on.

Um, yeah, not everyone lives in the same place.

High today: 64 with a 60% chance of rain

Apparently lots of people w/o power on the east coast after the storms. That's going to be rough w/ the heat. We lost ours for only a couple of hours last night.

Apparently lots of people w/o power on the east coast after the storms. That's going to be rough w/ the heat. We lost ours for only a couple of hours last night.

Last night was the 4th of the past 5 nights that we haven't had power in Richmond.

Monday was one of the strangest storms I've ever experienced; was at the Diamond for the Flying Squirrels game & the wind (micro-burst?) came before the rain/thunder. Its a pretty crazy phenomenon when you're sitting in pretty pleasant weather and within 5 seconds the outfield wall is chasing you and the players out of the stadium.

3SeN3.jpg

Back