• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Heat Wave

Holy shit last night was crazy. I'm not sure there's a tree left standing in Maryland. And it was a quick storm too.

I had never heard of a derecho before last night. But fuck them!

I was just sitting on my buddy's porch last night. No sign of a storm or anything, and it just suddenly got really windy. Like consistent gusts I'm guessing around 30 mph. Lasted about an hour and then stopped. Never seen anything like that, though judging from other posts, it's not uncommon in this kind of heat.

It was 104 in Roanoke yesterday. We had 80 mph gusts, thunder, and lightning but hardly any rain.

I was just sitting on my buddy's porch last night. No sign of a storm or anything, and it just suddenly got really windy. Like consistent gusts I'm guessing around 30 mph. Lasted about an hour and then stopped. Never seen anything like that, though judging from other posts, it's not uncommon in this kind of heat.
Just had the same thing here in The Dash during lunch today. I watched one particular tree that I thought was getting ready to snap. Flower pots flew off the deck yet it had been calm just minutes earlier. Heat and wind, strange combination.

Just got back into town from hiking up at Pilot Mt. Ran into one of those derechos on the drive up. It was crazy! Tree limbs were flying all over I-74, hail, etc. But it was a nice 73F on top of the mt with a breeze and dry.

Looking at the radar there is another one off to the northwest that should be blowing thru here sometime during the overnight.

577431_4357834422929_1618168055_n.jpg

Back