• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Help getting the word out for banner (Official Press Release in OP)

I can't tell what's more obnoxious....the banner stuff or the people who are vehemently anti-banner.

Of course another answer is neither.

Hopefully this will be as EPIC of a demonstration as dv7's "Winter... It's Coming" protest during the FSU game at the Joel.

BUMP. OP updated with press release. Please spread it.

Oof, that PR is brutal. We're going to get Mundy'd with this one.

Spread the word: HUNGER STRIKE!! #NoWellmanOrNoFood

You should have someone work on the press release before it's sent out to a lot of people.

I just feel like a lot of those things, while annoying to the fanbase, aren't necessarily motivating reasons to inspire a banner to be flown across the sky calling for the AD's head.

Your writing is heinous. Also I'm not sure you understand the purpose of a press release.

I just feel like a lot of those things, while annoying to the fanbase, aren't necessarily motivating reasons to inspire a banner to be flown across the sky calling for the AD's head.

Shut up, nerd.

Stratt, the press release is fine, but we should work in more about the #HungerStrike and also do you have a picture of you eating some food, like a big hamburger or Christmas ham or one of those giant turkey legs from the Fair (the latter would be best)? We put that picture at the top overlaid with one of those "no" circles with the line through it like the Ghostbusters logo so that it's like you're saying "NO FOOD (for Stratt)." Very powerful imagery and a picture is worth a thousand words. That's the pic they'll use on the news broadcast up in the corner while the anchor is speaking and describing your hunger strike and talking about how UNIQUE it is among other boring and ho-hum fan protests where they just do the normal blah blah blah stuff like billboards and banners. How fast can you get the picture of you and the food? Do you have a scanner? We may need a scanner, guys.

Start with the fact that our sports suck (records and Directors Cup) . That shouldn't be shoved in the middle. That's both important and black/white/indisputable.
Then put in the part about Casteevens. Obviously sketchy, and will capture interest.
Then the Dino/Bz double-talk, although the " lying about why he fired Dino" is grossly underdeveloped which hurts your case IMO.
Then the other stuff, like the attendance stuff and the 60% freshman minutes, which is harder to substantiate. Having that near the beginning leads the reader to question the validity of your point, and you risk losing them there. Plus it sounds petty and, by itself, is not enough to fire someone.

Last edited:
I'm confused, he says the message is secret but then he quotes it on line 2 of the press release, which I stopped reading around, oh, line 3.

In reply...

@JStrizzy18: @DanWolken heard it was a state grad

Strickland sounds like a tool.

In reply...

@JStrizzy18: @DanWolken heard it was a state grad

Strickland sounds like a tool.

Um....his Twitter handle is JStrizzy. Did you need more evidence?

Back