• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Herb out at Arizona State

I feel like there was a 8XDeac on here last year trying to make an argument for why Wake should hire Sendek to replace coach fuckface, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I can't figure out why he would consider the Bama job (but for the money). A BB coach will always be in Saban's shadow. Maybe the money is reason enough. Either that or his ego is such that he believes he can be the one BB coach who can succeed there. Certainly a challenge. He'd likely become the Leonard Hamilton of the SEC.

Marshall's too smart to take the Bama job. That's a situation with no upside except money in the initial contract. Whoever takes it has to contend with the bad feeling left from the last superstar coach ( Anthony Grant) who failed. Now you have compete for in-state headlines and recruits with Bruce Pearl. Programs like Tennessee, South Carolina, Arkansas, Georgia, LSU, and Tx A+M are all improving under the current coaching staffs. Howland's headed to Starkville. There's just no air to breathe in basketball in Tuscaloosa, and that's without even considering the football factor. Marshall will be the next hot topic for a high profile job that opens up like Indiana, Texas, or Georgia Tech where there's room to succeed. BTW, what's the verdict on Anthony Grant, bad luck, flash in the pan?

I feel like there was a 8XDeac on here last year trying to make an argument for why Wake should hire Sendek to replace coach fuckface, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

At various times during the [Redacted] years, Herb looked like an incredible hire.

I thought that was State fan using a Wake username to push Herb here.

I'd take Herb over Manning every day and twice on Sundays

weren't you the one that said danny isn't very social and will struggle with recruiting?

how did that work out for you?

weren't you the one that said danny isn't very social and will struggle with recruiting?

how did that work out for you?

Pretty sure the jury's still out on Manning's recruiting.

Back