• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hey Devin, smoking marijuana

promo1886036761.jpg

If I remember correctly, not s single person on that Sensational 7 thread predicted Thomas would be the best player in his class. He ended up being the only good player in his class.

Actually I did. Go back and check.

Never thought I could possibly dislike a Wake player more than McFarland but tonight sealed it. This season can't end soon enough

I'll never understand why people disliked Chas...he played hard and cared about the game. He might never have been the most talented guy on the court, but he was definitely a force to reckoned with.
Also you could almost always guarantee that he would get one free call a game by throwing up his hands even when no one really touched him and it was like a signal for the refs to call a foul on the other team.

Firing one up would make our games easier to watch, let alone play.

I'll never understand why people disliked Chas...he played hard and cared about the game. He might never have been the most talented guy on the court, but he was definitely a force to reckoned with.
Also you could almost always guarantee that he would get one free call a game by throwing up his hands even when no one really touched him and it was like a signal for the refs to call a foul on the other team.

Because Chas was/is a fucking scumbag racist piece of shit.

I agree his play has improved each year, in points and rebounds. He is frequently double teamed. He is the 4th leading rebounder in Wake history behind Hemric, Duncan and Chappell. He needs about 26 points to have 1500 points, but unless we win one tournament game, he will likely fall short--the result of too many free throws missed and the 2 game suspension, he would in all likelihood hit 1500 points or more. He has not improved in fts, but he has improved in assists. Some of his tos come from double teams and ill advised attempts at driving through them or careless passes out of double teams. But he hustles down the court. He has played with more self control this year. He also has developed a move and shot with his right hand. He also is one of the few big men who can drive coast to coast after a rebound and score or pass--Aminu and James Johnson could, but DT seems to have more ball control, particularly more than Aminu. The fts have kept him from being a 20+ point scorer and consequently hurt Wake. He is tied for 5th with Gil McGregor for double doubles and is the ACC double double active leader. Some games it seemed he just was not getting enough touches and yes he did miss some drives he should have hit. Against Duke tonight, he matched Chris Paul' 2004 record for a single game leading the team in points, rebounds, steals, blocks and assists. But yes, he missed more fts than he hit and he made some ill advised passes and had 4 tos,but had 5 assists. It is too bad than neither he nor CMM will ever get to play post season. But maybe at least DT has some shot at the NBA if his personal lapse don't hurt him,and maybe he can learn to hit some fts. We had another guy who couldn't shoot fts. Wasn't drafted by the NBA.Been there I think 6 years. Name of Ish Smith.

Good post I gotta agree w it.

Agree ...

I agree his play has improved each year, in points and rebounds. He is frequently double teamed. He is the 4th leading rebounder in Wake history behind Hemric, Duncan and Chappell. He needs about 26 points to have 1500 points, but unless we win one tournament game, he will likely fall short--the result of too many free throws missed and the 2 game suspension, he would in all likelihood hit 1500 points or more. He has not improved in fts, but he has improved in assists. Some of his tos come from double teams and ill advised attempts at driving through them or careless passes out of double teams. But he hustles down the court. He has played with more self control this year. He also has developed a move and shot with his right hand. He also is one of the few big men who can drive coast to coast after a rebound and score or pass--Aminu and James Johnson could, but DT seems to have more ball control, particularly more than Aminu. The fts have kept him from being a 20+ point scorer and consequently hurt Wake. He is tied for 5th with Gil McGregor for double doubles and is the ACC double double active leader. Some games it seemed he just was not getting enough touches and yes he did miss some drives he should have hit. Against Duke tonight, he matched Chris Paul' 2004 record for a single game leading the team in points, rebounds, steals, blocks and assists. But yes, he missed more fts than he hit and he made some ill advised passes and had 4 tos,but had 5 assists. It is too bad than neither he nor CMM will ever get to play post season. But maybe at least DT has some shot at the NBA if his personal lapse don't hurt him,and maybe he can learn to hit some fts. We had another guy who couldn't shoot fts. Wasn't drafted by the NBA.Been there I think 6 years. Name of Ish Smith.

Very frustrated by this season ... by the incredibly stupid plays that some players on our team continually make ... but if there is one thing I can't agree with, it is any statement that says Devin hasn't improved. DT is a lot better than he was as a freshman or sophomore. There were several games this year where Devin was absolutely all we had. Some aspects of his game I am going to be glad to see gone (FT shooting, which seems to have been contagious), but there are a lot more things that he has brought to the team and done for the Deacs that I don't think we are going to be able to replace next year.

Chas should go play in Russia or Serbia. They love racism over there for sure!

Back