• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hide Your Keys!

The only chance we have to have a smaller arena is to refit/renovate the Joel. I am fine with it, but it will have an immaterial impact on how good our basketball program is.

I salute you for owning our disaster. Better than most alums. To be clear: we suck because you choose it.

I salute you for owning our disaster. Better than most alums. To be clear: we suck because you choose it.

I blame you. You're obviously loaded, and instead of investing in a small on-campus arena you are investing in motels.

You would think that all these self-reported riches would finally allow one to shed the massive inferiority complex that they've been carrying around for decades... Oh well guess not.

I blame you. You're obviously loaded, and instead of investing in a small on-campus arena you are investing in motels.

Obviously loaded? I’ll believe it when dude posts his W2.

You would think that all these self-reported riches would finally allow one to shed the massive inferiority complex that they've been carrying around for decades... Oh well guess not.

Pretty sure he's investing his funds in new freckle bleaching technology.

I would love an OCA and despite my disagreement with DR’s arrogance agree that the best suited arena for Wake would be a small one. I think it is far down the list in reasons we aren’t good right now but it would be pretty awesome to construct an OCA from scratch with all modern conveniences.

This is the truest post on this thread.

We have some self proclaimed "winner" who has been incessantly shitting all over other fans/alums for getting nothing done. What a dick head

I would love an OCA and despite my disagreement with DR’s arrogance agree that the best suited arena for Wake would be a small one. I think it is far down the list in reasons we aren’t good right now but it would be pretty awesome to construct an OCA from scratch with all modern conveniences.
I have no problem with it either, but once the Joel was purchased it pretty much became a non-issue. That's a huge swath of land right by our football stadium and baseball stadium close to campus whatever basketball arena we have will end up on that spot

It’s almost as if DR is intentionally looking for a long shot unprovable argument to hide behind as an excuse to brag about his business to people who don’t care.

LOL. DR has been saying the same thing for 20+ years.

LOL. DR has been saying the same thing for 20+ years.

True and it doesn’t excuse the fact that he treats everyone like inferiors. Also, his definition of success is so depressing. There’s something most all of us have that DR doesn’t, and that’s a family.

DonnieGreensboro doesn't realize that money is like sex. Folks who actually have it don't talk about. I'm betting that he is broke & a virgin!

True and it doesn’t excuse the fact that he treats everyone like inferiors. Also, his definition of success is so depressing. There’s something most all of us have that DR doesn’t, and that’s a family.

Kids love DR. He's a great uncle and very generous with his time and resources.

But yes, he can be a *little* abrasive.

Investing a lot of money in any long term facilities for college basketball seems like a giant waste of money. The sport is dying.

Whatever happened to the Joel renovation plan that leaked out a year or two ago? Some of that $ may need to go to Danny's buyout now.

Pretty good area for more dorms & possible class rooms as we expand to 6000-7000 undergrad students.

Pretty good area for more dorms & possible class rooms as we expand to 6000-7000 undergrad students.

I think expanding our undergraduate enrollment is a bad idea. What's the general thinking on here?

Back