• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Hip hop has done more damage than racism"

Since 1976, the FBI hasn’t counted more than 460 fatal police shootings in a year. [The Washington Post] has counted 462 already in 2015.

I'm willing to entertain the argument that hip-hop, once a politically charged media movement, has devolved in recent years into a form of popular entertainment, and that the entertainment industry is pushed forward by a cultural desire for violence and misogyny. I'm not clear on how racism enters into the picture though. Can someone clarify that for me?

I'm reading Rivera's statement as an analog to the argument that violent video games lead to murder, which has been shown as untenable.

on a more serious note, frustrating comments and totally miss the point.

gotta give credit to shoe-horning in support for the 'free market', though

also, WnB = Geraldo????

lol posrep

That guy can rap like a mofo. The songs posted here that Ive listened to show signs of greatness but are just ok. Hes talented though. His message just doesn't resonate with me at all the way Public Enemy and NWA did 20 years ago. :noidea: #old

Its funny that Geraldo and the Fox news whiteys blame rap when it's mostly suburban white male teens and preteens who have made rap the juggernaut that it is. Their kids. LOL

Remember when Geraldo took a chair in the face during that melee on his show in like 89 or 90? gotta find that....

Remember when Geraldo took a chair in the face during that melee on his show in like 89 or 90? gotta find that....

caption contest: the First/Last Tunnels Reunion Highlight Reel.

Back