• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hire FGCU Coach Please

Their entire team was born before the school started even having classes. That is straight up awesome. And claiming its all transfers is dead wrong.

Dog, I hired their career scoring leader - I get Brown, Comer & Murray aren't transfers, but they play against transfers in their scrimmages and year in, year out their best players are transfers - just watch with the upcoming years. Or, feel free to look at years past.

Their best player (Brown) is a walk-on who only averaged 11.4 points per game as a senior in high school. That's called player development and good coaching IMO.

Never said he was a bad coach, and I would rather him than Buzz in a heartbeat, just pointing out he isn't doing this out of thin air. And he would still be down the list of hires in my book.

Biggest problem getting Enfield is that his kids are in love with the Eagle Mascot at FGCU. Perhaps the Deacon could sprout wings just for the basketball season. Says money is no object and is not looking to leave area. Makes $125,000 a year and due to tight budget cuts in Florida, lack of any alumni base, and lack of big money people with ties to school, don't see how they could substantially increase pay. So, if Ron was awake watching the game and he was at that game I schedule a get together today and talk very seriously about the job at Wake. When the fire is hot it is time to strike.

This guy would not call campus police for stupid internet jokes. He would be to busy winning.

"if Ron was awake watching the game and he was at that game I schedule a get together today and talk very seriously about the job at Wake. When the fire is hot it is time to strike." I know Buzz wasn't watching the game since he doesn't watch basketball... only coaches:)rofl:) it.

It is going to suck watching this guy get hired by someone else in about 3 weeks.

According the OTB, Wellman was at the FGCU game.

How baller would it be if Enfield just went up to Wellman and was all like "Hey, Ron, ditch the zero and get with a hero."

He was sitting at the end of the scorer's table one or two seats away from the Gtown bench. He got some tv coverage when the cameras zoomed in on JT III

This is Ron Wellman, sitting in-person watching Enfield run shit like a boss. He's finishing his coffee:

walterdrinkingcoffee.jpg

I know everyone is joking and all, but I lived a few mile from campus for 8ish years. FGCU is making their living off of transfers. Enfield is a good coach, but he has good players - all these dudes are 6th/7th/8th men at most majo programs that he convinced to come live 10 minutes from the beach with a lot of attractive females. No really, I had an internship program with FGCU - it is all hot girls there.

WGAF if all their players are transfers as long as Enfield was the one who brought them in? In any event, their top 4 scorers, and 8 of the 9 players who play more than 5 mpg for FGCU have all spent their entire careers there, per ESPN. Last year, their top 8 scorers were recruits, with the only transfer being a guy who pitched in 2.8 ppg.

I think he's just at that site. I think I saw him at the Creighton-Cincy game earlier too sitting in the same seat near Mick Cronin.

Can we get a billboard comparing Bz and Enfield. Is it too early or late? Can be just the facts on post-season, conference play, recruiting, and academics. Hell, start with their academic profiles.

Bz...University of Illinois - Chicago (branch school), major Physical Education (that is still offered?), no honors

Enfield...Johns Hopkins, major Economics, GTE Academic All-American First Team

If the dude convinced a hot ass supermodel to let him make a sexy time liquid explosion inside her body not just once, but for the REST OF HER ENTIRE LIFE, I'm pretty sure he can convince a kid to come play college basketball on Tobacco Road in the ACC.

He was sitting at the end of the scorer's table one or two seats away from the Gtown bench. He got some tv coverage when the cameras zoomed in on JT III

I think he's just at that site. I think I saw him at the Creighton-Cincy game earlier too sitting in the same seat near Mick Cronin.

Jesus, even the coaches he sits near lose.

Back