• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hire FGCU Coach Please

If the dude convinced a hot ass supermodel to let him make a sexy time liquid explosion inside her body not just once, but for the REST OF HER ENTIRE LIFE, I'm pretty sure he can convince a kid to come play college basketball on Tobacco Road in the ACC.

In the middle of her awesome career. To move to Tallahassee.

Did you guys see him interviewed after the game? He said his style of play is uptempo, get the ball up the court, throw it up and get dunks and alley oops. Are you fucking kidding me with this guy? I'd drink a gallon of hot piss to have this guy as our coach.

Biggest problem getting Enfield is that his kids are in love with the Eagle Mascot at FGCU. Perhaps the Deacon could sprout wings just for the basketball season. Says money is no object and is not looking to leave area. Makes $125,000 a year and due to tight budget cuts in Florida, lack of any alumni base, and lack of big money people with ties to school, don't see how they could substantially increase pay. So, if Ron was awake watching the game and he was at that game I schedule a get together today and talk very seriously about the job at Wake. When the fire is hot it is time to strike.

$$$ is not an issue with Enfield. Quality of life is. Where would you rather live in putrid ol' Winston or near the beach. Not a tough call IMHO...

Would love for him to come to Wake but unless you believe in the "tooth fairy", ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:
I bet he goes to UCLA if it came available. There are rumblings that they will get rid of Howland. You know his wife would LOVE to be in LA to work on her career.

Tallahassee is a shithole much moreso than Winston.

Tallahassee is a shithole much moreso than Winston.

Yes, but it's a much warmer shithole that's a lot closer to the beach.

All this coach talk just infuriates me even more given the coaching hind tit Wellman is forcing us to continue to suck on.

Yes, but it's a much warmer shithole that's a lot closer to the beach.

All this coach talk just infuriates me even more given the coaching hind tit Wellman is forcing us to continue to suck on.

That much warmer isn't necessarily a good thing in the summer. It is closer to the beach, but still a good hike to Panama City.

This guy obviously wants to compete at the highest level. If quality of life was everything, he probably wouldn't have left his last job to be an asst at FSU.

You want class, culture? The guy went to Johns Hopkins. Johns freakin' Hopkins. He's still the school's all-time leading scorer.

By the way, I forgot we should be making this appeal to the real man in charge, Don Flow, rather than Ronald McDonald Wellman.

Don, by hiring this guy, you could totally hire Mrs. Enfield to do promo spots for your dealership. Business would boom, my friend. This is a win-win-win.

That much warmer isn't necessarily a good thing in the summer. It is closer to the beach, but still a good hike to Panama City.

This guy obviously wants to compete at the highest level. If quality of life was everything, he probably wouldn't have left his last job to be an asst at FSU.

I completely agree with you. However, every additional year the Bzdisaster stays, the further and further Wake Forest basketball is removed from "the highest level" and continues the fall to irrelevance.

$$$ is not an issue with Enfield. Quality of life is. Where would you rather live in putrid ol' Winston or near the beach. Not a tough call IMHO...

Would love for him to come to Wake but unless you believe in the "tooth fairy", ain't gonna happen.

Presumably he also wants to win. A lot easier to do at Wake than at FGCU.

I would be shocked if we couldn't get him, and I don't think any bigger jobs will go after him while he's still at FGCU.

UCLA is hiring Shaka. Mark it down.

Presumably he also wants to win. A lot easier to do at Wake than at FGCU.

I would be shocked if we couldn't get him, and I don't think any bigger jobs will go after him while he's still at FGCU.

UCLA is hiring Shaka. Mark it down.

I sincerely hope you are correct. But when you review our past record of success with "Ronald McDonald Wellman" It ain't been too successful.

I sincerely hope you are correct. But when you review our past record of success with "Ronald McDonald Wellman" It ain't been too successful.

I didn't say we would try to get him, but FGCU is a low-major. Typically a coach like Enfield would go to the A10, MWC, or C-USA before moving to a power conference school. You don't frequently hear of power conference schools hiring guys from conferences like the Atlantic Sun. And you definitely don't hear of somewhere like UCLA hiring from a low-major conference.

UCLA: Ben Howland from Pittsburgh, Steve Lavin from UCLA (assistant on a NC team), Jim Harrick from Pepperdine
Kentucky: John Calipari from Memphis, Billy Gillispie from Texas A&M, Tubby Smith from Georgia, Rick Pitino from the Knicks
North Carolina: Roy Williams from Kansas, Matt Doherty from Notre Dame, Bill Guthridge from North Carolina (assistant on a NC team)
Kansas: Bill Self from Illinois, Roy Williams from North Carolina (assistant on a NC team), Larry Brown from Nets
Indiana: Tom Crean from Marquette, Kelvin Sampson from Oklahoma, Mike Davis from Indiana (assistant)

So, really the weakest hires by one of those programs over the past 20 or so years was either Mike Davis or Jim Harrick. Harrick was an assistant at UCLA for three seasons, and Davis was originally hired as an interim.

I'd rather try to get an up and coming low-major stud than another retread guy. Enfield has high major experience from his time at FSU.

What buckets said.

I agree.

If we strike out with the top 3-4 mid-major guys I wouldn't even mind getting an assistant from a top program. Anything is better than a retread.

I didn't say we would try to get him, but FGCU is a low-major. Typically a coach like Enfield would go to the A10, MWC, or C-USA before moving to a power conference school. You don't frequently hear of power conference schools hiring guys from conferences like the Atlantic Sun. And you definitely don't hear of somewhere like UCLA hiring from a low-major conference.

UCLA: Ben Howland from Pittsburgh, Steve Lavin from UCLA (assistant on a NC team), Jim Harrick from Pepperdine
Kentucky: John Calipari from Memphis, Billy Gillispie from Texas A&M, Tubby Smith from Georgia, Rick Pitino from the Knicks
North Carolina: Roy Williams from Kansas, Matt Doherty from Notre Dame, Bill Guthridge from North Carolina (assistant on a NC team)
Kansas: Bill Self from Illinois, Roy Williams from North Carolina (assistant on a NC team), Larry Brown from Nets
Indiana: Tom Crean from Marquette, Kelvin Sampson from Oklahoma, Mike Davis from Indiana (assistant)

So, really the weakest hires by one of those programs over the past 20 or so years was either Mike Davis or Jim Harrick. Harrick was an assistant at UCLA for three seasons, and Davis was originally hired as an interim.

I hate to be the voice of reason, but those are 5 of the 6 most high-profile programs in the country. We, on the other hand, are currently a mid-major.

Back