• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hit Like A Girl Drum Contest

IckerDeac

Reaction score
My daughter entered for the first time this year and has been named a finalist for the < 18 category. Judges will name a top 3 through critical voting and there is a public voting category as well. If some fellow alums/board members would like to vote for her, here is a link http://hitlikeagirlcontest.com/contestants/annapurna-tobler/. You can login with your Facebook ID to avoid the hassle of creating a new login. Thanks for any support and I apologize for the shameless plug ;-)

IckerDeac
WFU Class of 96'

Damn. That's unreal. I play guitar in a band that plays that song. It's not an easy song by any means. She freaking kills it. Better than my drummer for sure.

Thanks everyone. I'll bump a few more times before the contest ends. Thanks much for your support.

I straight up read this thread title as "Hit a Girl like a Drum."

Damn. Crushed it. V impressive.

I was that Museum of Pop Culture w/Cookout a few weeks ago and we tried to cover this song on guitar/drums in the sound rooms they have. My Rock Band 3 experience didn't translate enough (though TBH I always struggled with the song in Rock Band, too).

Wow! Really impressive! I registered, just to vote for your girl. I can't imagine how proud you must be!

Wow terrific and she is confident and clearly having a blast. She has a lifetime of joy ahead of her. Congrats

Holy shit, that girl rocks. Big ups. Voted.

The next Elaine Bradley; loved it!

Surprised the lib muff-divers in Asheville haven't had a hissy over the name of the contest; every bit as "bad" as the jewelry store ad for being o.k. to throw "rocks" (diamonds) at girls.

My daughter entered for the first time this year and has been named a finalist for the < 18 category. Judges will name a top 3 through critical voting and there is a public voting category as well. If some fellow alums/board members would like to vote for her, here is a link http://hitlikeagirlcontest.com/contestants/annapurna-tobler/. You can login with your Facebook ID to avoid the hassle of creating a new login. Thanks for any support and I apologize for the shameless plug ;-)

IckerDeac
WFU Class of 96'

If she keeps learning, she may have to form the ultimate girl rhythm section with bassist Tal Wilkenfeld. :)

The next Elaine Bradley; loved it!

Surprised the lib muff-divers in Asheville haven't had a hissy over the name of the contest; every bit as "bad" as the jewelry store ad for being o.k. to throw "rocks" (diamonds) at girls.

I don't really think the names are similar at all. It's trying to change the meaning behind "Hit like a girl" to prove that girls (and women) are badasses. Making it a positive instead of a negative.

A little different than encouraging throwing rocks at girls, which has all sorts of intimate partner violence implications at it's worst, and doesn't really say anything positive at it's best.

But whatever... this is just distracting from the overall point of the thread. Awesome video and I voted!

Thanks all for the positive feedback -- I'll be sure to pass it along!

Back