• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hit Like A Girl Drum Contest

Created an account just to vote for her. Loved her elation and rock on gesture at the end.

Gave her my vote and I have to say Annapurna is a fantastic name.

We named her Annapurna due to our love of mountains. Most people can't understand her name and think she is telling them her first and middle names. They end up calling her Anna which she doesn't respond to. She has started going by AP to avoid confusion.

Awesome that she is so good and that she clearly enjoys it

Bumping back to the top -- she has read through the feedback from this thread and really appreciates the comments. The not so awesome part of this public voting phase it that you can vote 1x/day. This requires some vote hustling -- not our favorite -- but those are the rules. If anyone willing to vote for her entry a few more times this week would be greatly appreciated. The contest closes at the end of April 9th (PDT). She is neck and neck with another entry for 1st currently.

Thanks for all the WFU support!

wo she is monte. i'm also super jelly of your music room

Bump -- the competition is getting stiff. Czech Republic putting down huge vote last night :eek:

I voted again.

Not sure how this will turn out, but as a father, I'd separate the vote-wrangling from the performance. She should feel good about her performance no matter how this turns out. That's why I liked her exultation and rock on gesture when she was done. She knew she killed it. That's the true reward. Kind of like the end of the Soul Surfer movie when Britany was told the last wave didn't count - "Yes, it did," she said. Anyway, I just want to separate her awesome performance from voting procedure that may not really be about merit.

Yep--we are using the public voting period to consider our networks and ability to get the word out. If she pursues music as a career this will be an important skill to develop. AP is quite chill about the experience and will be fine no matter where she places. Becoming a finalist was her target from the beginning so everything thereafter is gravy.

I'm very appreciative of the support from the ogboards.

Hey Icker don't know if she is a fan already, but show her this guy. my current favorite drummer and the rest of the band ain't half bad

Down to the last 2 days in the public voting and it is essentially a dead heat. I'll shamelessly bump today and tomorrow. You can vote both days if you would like. I'll have some exciting contest details to share tomorrow 😀

Public voting closes today and everyone can vote 1 more time. Vote hustling hasn't been our favorite but in the midst of it we got some great news. AP has been invited to Oxnard to participate in the live stream of the popular and critical winners. She may be performing live (details TBD) which would be very cool. I'm excited to meet some of the other contestants and judges. I suspect Faith Benson will be the critical winner - check out her entry if you have time.

Getting to this point has been a dream for AP (top 20). The journey continues from here but the support she has received has increased her drive to get better and make more music. Thanks everyone for the feedback and support.

I finally noticed the bio underneath the video. I would have made an effort to vote every day if I had known of her love of Neal Peart. As it is, I think I got about 4-5 votes in.

feedback: your thread title wasnt the best for getting clicks

If you want to watch, go to www.drumchannel.com at 5pm PDT — the viewing is free. She will be performing live. Thanks to everyone who supported her during the public voting phase.

Back