• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Holes lose to Rebels

he isn't in durant/beasley class (college impact only) as was expected and hyped

but yes, he's very good.

Yea, I think this is right. He's a great player, but we were led to believe he'd Kevin Durant or better. By better, I mean that some people were saying he'd be Kobe Bryant. I'm assuming that if Kobe had gone to college he would have lit it up like Durant.

Roy is the luckiest man ever to coach D1 basketball. He isn't a good coach. A good coach would make Barnes the central part of his offense.

If roy had started at De Paul or Penn State, he'd be a journeyman at best.

Roy is the luckiest man ever to coach D1 basketball. He isn't a good coach. A good coach would make Barnes the central part of his offense.

Spot on, baby!
Roy boy is way over-rated.
K on the other hand, is not.

Can someone tell Roy that PJ Hairston is his best shooter and needs to see more than 10 mpg?

This is dumb. We've seen what not good coaches do at UNC. Struggle. Hello Doherty. Roy Williams is 648–163, 2 national championships, 5 Final Fours outside of that, and NCAA tournament every year except the season a couple years ago. He's a great coach, he plays a great style of basketball, and you are stupid. And I hate Roy

Roy is a phenomenal recruiter and his "plan A" for games is usually pretty damn good too. It's when "plan A" goes belly up that he struggles to make in game adjustments to give his team the edge back. That is his main weakness as a coach in my mind. Coach Kry adjusts very well to situations developing in game and he is a far superior coach to Roy Williams, IMO.

Coach K is untouchable in my eyes, agreed. But Roy is great too. As a Barca fan this Plan B stuff is BS to me. Play your game. You can say Coach K changes it up and I'd agree with you, but remember it wasn't too long ago before the Olympics people thought he was losing his touch because they couldn't get over the hump in the tourney. Of course that was ridiculous, but so is much of Roy's criticism

Back