• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Honest Evaluation

Reality:

Take out Dawkins on fire and were down single digits at Duke.

Not true. Someone else would just light us up. Look at how many career nights players' have had against us, even when we were "good." I would like to know how many ACC players highest career games were against Wake. Vasquez, Reddick, etc. come to mind.

On offense we played reasonably well, although still no offensive rebounds. On defense we mostly stank. Couldn't cover Dawkins in the first half and couldn't stop anybody for about the first twelve minutes of the second half. Ugh.

I swear that Tony Chenault actually tries to run into the screener instead of over or under. I wonder if he walks into fire hydrants when on the street.

After 40 points at home against State, to score 73 at Duke is not bad

After 40 points at home against State, to score 73 at Duke is not bad

HRFXv.png

IMPROVEMENT!!!!!

Really? Do we really want to use recent results as a metric?

Reality:

We have two ACC caliber starters....neither of which would start for Duke.

Offense flows well, but we really only have two players that can score which makes defending us that much easier.

They are playing really tight on CJ and McKie and they don't worry about the others.

Not sure our bench can contribute anything tonight because they are physically outmatched.

Considering our talent level I'm positive on tonight's play.

+1 Great effort tonight. The team and the staff deserve credit.

Let's get to the important things guys...

Who wants a leadership position in my regime?

I tried to give you a regime but you didn't want people kissing your ring. MAKE UP YOUR MIND! If you are going to accept the position (and let RJ, Jaybone, et. al. kiss your...whatever), I would like to be your AD. I have the only necessary qualification - I have balls to fire Buzz. I would then appoint a committee of smart (BuzzOut) posters to select our next coach.

Your Highness, May I suggest that you impose a tax on BuzzInners and BuzzWaiters so that we can repair the financial damage their collusion inflicted on the kingdom. :thumbsup:

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?p=500615#post500615

Well one thing is sure, DV7 has never played, coached, or really been intimate with the inner workings of a college basketball team at a high level (maybe no sport?). I'm also going to go out on a limb and say DV7 has never been a leader of a large organization during difficult times. So basically, DV7 is all opinion and no intelligence on the Bzz IN/Out subject.

I'm 100% Bzz in. And it's directly because of his leadership.

Can I be in the regime too? ;)

Reality:

We have two ACC caliber starters....neither of which would start for Duke.

Offense flows well, but we really only have two players that can score which makes defending us that much easier.

They are playing really tight on CJ and McKie and they don't worry about the others.

Not sure our bench can contribute anything tonight because they are physically outmatched.

Considering our talent level I'm positive on tonight's play.

Solid piece of Realism, IMHO.

But, I read recently that Bzz told the team we have just as much talent as anyone in the ACC..

Every scholarship player should be able to score if they are worthy of a scholarship at this level. We should only be recruiting complete players with athletic ability and scoring ability at each position, but I do realize we have to teach defense to a lot of incoming freshmen.

I'm Buzz-in bro...didn't ya know?

Me too, and I agree with the evaluation. I'm prepared for the anti Buzz crowd to complain for the rest of the season, it's not like we're getting any help so I don't know why people complain after each game. I really want to see how Buzz does when he has ACC caliber players.

i consistently see a lot of posters on here complain about our lack of talent, can somebody tell me who the GM of this team is that has not provided buzz the talent he needs to compete in the ACC because he/she is really putting buzz in a bad spot

And the realistic expectations aren't that we are going to go 8-8 in the ACC. The complaints really didn't get ramped up until we got blown off our own floor by a middling ACC team.

And the realistic expectations aren't that we are going to go 8-8 in the ACC. The complaints really didn't get ramped up until we got blown off our own floor by a middling ACC **rival**
FIFY.

I really want to see how Buzz does when he has ACC caliber players.
We had quite a bit of ACC talent. They were run off or left for various reasons, probably including his personality. Bzz also has a year of recruiting under his belt and none are ACC worthy.

So....he gets a pass or something???

What I saw in the Duke game was better on floor leadership, not necessarily better coaching. That's certainly a good sign. What really troubled me was all the really bad lazy passes many leading to TOs...and that's coaching.

Back