• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hot Secretary, Get the President on the Phone. I Just Got Tired of Paying Taxes

Well that is premised on you making sense.

in a numbered list that your brain may be able to follow

1- accounting rules and regulations are written by accountants
2- accounting rules and regulations, written by accountants, increase in complexity year after year
3- accounting rules and regulations, written by accountants and increasing in complexity year after year, require more accountants to come up with ways to get around accounting rules and regulations, written by accountants that increase in complexity year after year
4- because more and more accountants come up with ways to get around accounting rules and regulations, written by accountants that increase in complexity year after year, more accountants are required to write accounting rules to stop accountants who have figured out ways to get around increasingly complex accounting rules and regulations that were written by accountants.

now, if accounting rules and regulations (written by accountants remember) didn't continually require more accountants to move numbers around in order to get around the increasingly complex rules and regulations (written by accountants remember) we could get somewhere. unfortunately big accounting has no interest in actually solving the problems because the more complex things are the greater the need for more accountants to get around the rules and regulations.

apparently you don't think any of this is a problem

You are so hung up on accountants writing accounting rules. Who would you rather have write them? Baseball players? Astronauts?

You are so hung up on accountants writing accounting rules. Who would you rather have write them? Baseball players? Astronauts?

it that what i said?

I'm saying they are written in a manner that guarantees the ever expanding influence of accountants.

I think Milhouse's anger is misplaced. Who cares how complex the accounting rules are. It's the legal loopholes that allow those accounting rules to dramatically reduce the tax burden of large companies. Blame the accountants who work with the lawyers and lobbyists who push for laws that insert those loopholes.

you might be right. i can get on board with anger at accountants, lawyers and lobbyists.

you might be right. i can get on board with anger at accountants, lawyers and lobbyists.

I love this thread so much. I assumed it was based on Mil getting liquored up yesterday and trolling, but it is so much more than that.

gestatechart.jpg

On the gun thread at least people put forward suggestions. I haven't seen any proposed fixed that are substantive, just wide sweeping criticisms.

I've brought this up before and haven't received a substantive rebuttal. Why not move toward upfront corporate fees based on the size of the corporation rather than some measure of revenue?

I've brought this up before and haven't received a substantive rebuttal. Why not move toward upfront corporate fees based on the size of the corporation rather than some measure of revenue?

My first thought would be that it would accelerate failure/bankruptcy and have a negative impact on employment rates and financial stability.

Corporate fees in lieu of taxes? How would you measure the size of the company? I'm not an accountant but seems like if you tax on asset size you discourage investment and if you tax on revenue you unfairly penalize high volume/low profit companies in favor of low volume/high profit companies.

Nah. Why wouldn't profit be the measure of taxation???

Size as measured by what?

Back