• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Hotel vs. Airbnb

Hotel vs. Airbnb

• Hotel

• Airbnb

• Other

• doofus/numbers

Results are only viewable after voting.
is he a cool dude?
not a guy i'd want to go have a beer with.
These baseball trips are week or more sometimes. We liked getting an AirBNB for the dog...for having decent meals for a kid playing a sport, comfort when there is a decent amount of downtime. We never wanted to put the kid in a spot where he had to choose between staying with us or his dad in a hotel. So we just got a house big enough for all of us and invited him to stay with us. Didn't love it, but felt it was the right thing/best thing for him.

Hotel every single time. Earning points and the benefits from having top level status with Marriott makes things quite a bit easier for me.

Haven’t used these much but had this question, found this piece:

Airbnb vs. Vrbo: Which Is Better for Travelers?

The article highlights a difference between how the sites reveal the cleaning fee…I have experienced the late-in-the process reveal with Airbnb. Led me to not book.
Yeah, same. And there seems to be no standard to what the fee would be.

I did notice the AirBnB just added a toggle to include fees when showing the rental price in the search.

depends; i've never had one of these AirBNB/Verbo horror stories but we're usually renting an entire house and it seems more like the smaller rentals have those problems

prefer hotels for cities/dense travel locales

Last night we just had our VRBO in Mystic for next month cancel on us with no explanation. So that’s annoying.

Last night we just had our VRBO in Mystic for next month cancel on us with no explanation. So that’s annoying.
When my sister was at the Coast Guard Academy in New London we'd rent the same VRBO in Mystic every year. Just went to the site to try and find it to link you but it's not on there.

I used to be solely hotel because we get a shitton of Marriott Bonvoy points from work and credit card purchase rewards so could generally stay for free wherever we went. Last year Marriott started their own version of Air B&B which is awesome, because we can use the hotel points to rent a house and still stay for free. So we've used their Homes & Villas the last few trips.

Back