• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House GOP Whip is a David Duke Fan

Al Sharpton will discuss this with the President at their next staff meeting and get back to us on how to hang Scalise with maximum profit for Al.

Never going to happen, but I do wish pols would at least be honest and candid about things they did purely because they were politically expedient. Obama attended Wright's church, Palin welcomed an Alaskan secession convention, and Scalise addressed this group because those actions helpful to their political careers. It's not credible for Scalise to claim he had no idea in 2002 that this group was tied to David Duke. Dems had to know this info when Cantor was replaced. They sat on it for six months so they could embarrass the GOP at the start of a new Congress.

But what about all those racists in Congress during the Lincoln administration?

Lincoln, huh? Robert Byrd died in 2010 as the longest serving member of congress. I am sure had he been a right wing conservative, you would have been fine with him.

He was a Grand Wizard of the KKK and a beloved democratic figure. Kinda gives giving a speech a little context.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether he knew the group was tied to David Duke, Scalise said that he considers himself a more electable David Duke.

Lincoln, huh? Robert Byrd died in 2010 as the longest serving member of congress. I am sure had he been a right wing conservative, you would have been fine with him.

He was a Grand Wizard of the KKK and a beloved democratic figure. Kinda makes giving a speech a little context.

Two wrongs make a right! Two wrongs make a right!

Regardless of whether he knew the group was tied to David Duke, Scalise said that he considers himself a more electable David Duke.

Link? I really doubt any politician is that dumb. If he actually said that, then he should be forced to step down immediately, but I highly doubt that is what he said.

Two wrongs make a right! Two wrongs make a right!

I am commenting on the hypocrisy of how the left tolerates any level of racism or racist comment from their own (Biden saying Obama speaks good), but jumps on anything that can be construed as racist or racial that happens to someone on the right.

The links are in the OP. GMAFB

My bad. I just skimmed the articles the first time. Assuming the article is correct and he stated what they say he stated, he should be forced out. That is pretty despicable and the pubs are awfully dumb to put him in a leadership position. I would not mind seeing or hearing a verbatim quote as just a few words can change a lot of context, but if the quote is accurate, this guy is likely racist and at a minimum a short sided shameful opportunist.

I am commenting on the hypocrisy of how the left tolerates any level of racism or racist comment from their own (Biden saying Obama speaks good), but jumps on anything that can be construed as racist or racial that happens to someone on the right.

Maybe quote something one of us said that's hypocritical instead. Because I think many if not most on the left consider Biden an idiot and a borderline racist.

My bad. I just skimmed the articles the first time. Assuming the article is correct and he stated what they say he stated, he should be forced out. That is pretty despicable and the pubs are awfully dumb to put him in a leadership position. I would not mind seeing or hearing a verbatim quote as just a few words can change a lot of context, but if the quote is accurate, this guy is likely racist and at a minimum a short sided shameful opportunist.

Here it is (again):
“The novelty of David Duke has worn off,” said Scalise. “The voters in this district are smart enough to realize that they need to get behind someone who not only believes in the issues they care about, but also can get elected. Duke has proven that he can’t get elected, and that’s the first and most important thing.”

This was all back around 1999. Since 2004 he has been trying like crazy to distance himself from Duke. Unfortunately for Scalise, Duke just came out and said they were mutual friends and supported him.

Never going to happen, but I do wish pols would at least be honest and candid about things they did purely because they were politically expedient. Obama attended Wright's church, Palin welcomed an Alaskan secession convention, and Scalise addressed this group because those actions helpful to their political careers. It's not credible for Scalise to claim he had no idea in 2002 that this group was tied to David Duke. Dems had to know this info when Cantor was replaced. They sat on it for six months so they could embarrass the GOP at the start of a new Congress.

Seems like this info would have been useful before an election.

meh. If throwing Biden to the wolves allows libs to ID racist pubs as racist, then so be it.

meh. If throwing Biden to the wolves allows libs to ID racist pubs as racist, then so be it.

I hate that game, though. Racists are racists. Dems don't want to think their guys are racist because they *generally* support policies that help minorities. Pubs don't want to think their guys are racist because they're just fighting the good folksy anti-PC fight.

I hate that game, though. Racists are racists. Dems don't want to think their guys are racist because they *generally* support policies that help minorities. Pubs don't want to think their guys are racist because they're just fighting the good folksy anti-PC fight.
Means to an end, my white friend. Means to an end.

Here it is (again):

This was all back around 1999. Since 2004 he has been trying like crazy to distance himself from Duke. Unfortunately for Scalise, Duke just came out and said they were mutual friends and supported him.

This guy sounds pretty bad. I think his quotes are a lot worse than giving that speech to that group. Pubs are nuts to give him a leadership position. Really unsmart.

Pubs would argue that those policies haven't really "helped" minorities in the long-run. To many Dems, that makes those Pubs racists.

I hate that game, too.

Pubs would argue that those policies haven't really "helped" minorities in the long-run. To many Dems, that makes those Pubs racists.

I hate that game, too.

Those dems would be stupid. Reasonable people can disagree about what policies work and what doesn't work without resorting to crying racism or name calling. I'm just putting some context for how each party is hypocritical about racism, and it doesn't ever make two wrongs into a right.

Back