• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House GOP Whip is a David Duke Fan

It always amuses me that when something like this comes up the "defense" is "well...look at all the dumb shit the other side does". Why can't it just be "that's wrong". I hate two party politics.

Those dems would be stupid. Reasonable people can disagree about what policies work and what doesn't work without resorting to crying racism or name calling. I'm just putting some context for how each party is hypocritical about racism, and it doesn't ever make two wrongs into a right.

Hey, look at that. We agree. Good post.

Lincoln, huh? Robert Byrd died in 2010 as the longest serving member of congress. I am sure had he been a right wing conservative, you would have been fine with him.

He was a Grand Wizard of the KKK and a beloved democratic figure. Kinda gives giving a speech a little context.

Robert Byrd profusely apologized for his past bigotry and tried to right that wrong over the latter portion of his life.

In his own words, "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions. I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

Scalise, in this case, if playing the "oh my goodness! those folks were racist? I never knew!!!" card. It is a clearly bullshit excuse.

Don't worry guys, he apologized:

"Twelve years ago, I spoke to many different Louisiana groups as a state representative, trying to build support for legislation that focused on cutting wasteful state spending, eliminating government corruption, and stopping tax hikes," Scalise, R-La., said in a statement. "One of the many groups that I spoke to regarding this critical legislation was a group whose views I wholeheartedly condemn.

"It was a mistake I regret, and I emphatically oppose the divisive racial and religious views groups like these hold."

It always amuses me that when something like this comes up the "defense" is "well...look at all the dumb shit the other side does". Why can't it just be "that's wrong". I hate two party politics.

The Tea Party takes notice of your post and exclusion of them. You will pay the price.

The most offensive behavior isn't the defense of "everyone else is doing it." It's when those who blindly subscribe to all that a group does, says, and is condemn acts by another group while overlooking and excusing it in their own. And that applies to politics, religion, even sports.

Reverend wright? Lol he is still freaking out whitey? What did he even say? I followed it then and thought it was laughable. I remember chickens come home to roost and goddamn America and the government infecting blacks with diseases. Am I missing something?

Reverend wright? Lol he is still freaking out whitey? What did he even say? I followed it then and thought it was laughable. I remember chickens come home to roost and goddamn America and the government infecting blacks with diseases. Am I missing something?

Yeah. Even less than that. And nobody could prove Obama had even heard those statements before.

Yeah. Even less than that. And nobody could prove Obama had even heard those statements before.

It's kind of funny that you're on this thread. You're by far the most racist person on these boards.

Someone please post what rev wright said that equates to the clan's shit. I'm dying to hear this

Come on WakeandBake...everybody knows that Obama hates whitey even though he was raised by his white mother and white grandparents...duh....
If it was posted on THEBLAZE.com it has to be true! :tard:

The contrast between Trent Lott and Scalise is pretty interesting. Lott almost immediately resigned his leadership post after saying Strom Thurmond was all good, but Scalise isn't going to resign. Part of it is that the GOP is more conservative, part that the base would go ape shit invoking Wright and Bill Ayers, and part of it is that Boehner desperately needs Scalise to appease the Tea Party.

The story (which slate is now casting doubt on) was fed to a liberal blogger and the greater media by the son of Scalise’s 2008 Democratic challenger according to the hill

That plus the facts that (a) Scalise has never shown any evidence of being a racist and (b) there is now significant doubt whether he was speaking to a civic group in the morning, whereas the convention started in the afternoon (per Slate) makes me suspect that this story is poorly researched rubbish. Par for the course in today's media...

I thought the thread title said he is a Duke fan. That would have been completely unforgivable.

I mean he did still say he liked David Duke and thought of himself as a more electable version of Duke.

Back