• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House Investigations: Impeachment inquiry is officially on

Biden needs to call Rob Reiner and have him write a speech like he did at the end of The American President.

Biden needs to call Rob Reiner and have him write a speech like he did at the end of The American President.

Or he could call on Pelosi to impeach and not stop talking about her ineptitude until she does something

Yep let's have a vote in the House and then give Trump the ultimate campaign slogan, "INNOCENT" when he's acquitted in the Senate. Which will also be used as a defense in criminal court if he gets charged there.

Her biggest mistake is not having the major hearings in the Spring when people are thinking about politics. Show the GOP supporting a criminal and Dems have a better chance to turn the Senate at the same time.

Or he could call on Pelosi to impeach and not stop talking about her ineptitude until she does something

That makes sense. If the candidates took it to Pelosi, maybe she’d respond. I don’t see how doing nothing is worse than forcing the Republicans in Congress to support all this corruption.

Yep let's have a vote in the House and then give Trump the ultimate campaign slogan, "INNOCENT" when he's acquitted in the Senate. Which will also be used as a defense in criminal court if he gets charged there.

Her biggest mistake is not having the major hearings in the Spring when people are thinking about politics. Show the GOP supporting a criminal and Dems have a better chance to turn the Senate at the same time.

So they don’t impeach and Trump learns he can use foreign govts to help him win in 2020. He wins. Then what? You’re in the exact same spot except this time you’ve legitimized using foreign influence in campaigns.

She and the house Dems have to impeach regardless of how it plays politically.

I’m on the verge of being one of the far left people who “lose” elections for Dems. They’re feckless idiots who don’t deserve support.

That makes sense. If the candidates took it to Pelosi, maybe she’d respond. I don’t see how doing nothing is worse than forcing the Republicans in Congress to support all this corruption.

I think it’s the likeliest path to impeachment. Candidates like Warren start pressuring the House/Pelosi. If they don’t do it then it won’t happen.

The crazy thing is it was reported months ago that Rudy was pressuring Ukraine to investigate Biden's family. But it didn't blow up as the scandal it is until there was a whistleblower and a cover up.

Now Trump is using his twitter machine to normalize it and press the media to pivot to his Biden conspiracy theory. I'm sure the right wing media will follow his direction, and this will be a test for the rest of the media to see if they can stay on topic. (lol......... sigh.)

Fox is already leading the normalization. They've pivoted to focusing on how Biden now faces "scrutiny" over his Ukraine dealings, which, given what we already know about Trump's dealings in that part of the world, is rich. Sean Hannity is bragging about how the media's whistleblower story has already "boomeranged" and forced the fake librul news media to focus on Biden and his corruption. It never ends. And, as usual, Democrats will probably let them get away with it.

Impeach. Get Republicans on the record dating they don’t mind spending tax payer money for quid pro quo.

So they don’t impeach and Trump learns he can use foreign govts to help him win in 2020. He wins. Then what? You’re in the exact same spot except this time you’ve legitimized using foreign influence in campaigns.

She and the house Dems have to impeach regardless of how it plays politically.

I’m on the verge of being one of the far left people who “lose” elections for Dems. They’re feckless idiots who don’t deserve support.

Who cares if you spend the majority of your adult under a reactionary RW Supreme Court and a radically RW federal court system. That'll teach you!!!!

LOL. He was on Meet the Press and said basically the same thing when cornered by Chuck Todd about Trump's statements. If the Trump Administration was as smart as they like to think they are, they'd never let Mnuchin do these talk shows. He's terrible at them. Every time I've seen him speaking on television or social media, he reminds me of a weird Bond villain. So does his wife, for that matter.

LOL. He was on Meet the Press and said basically the same thing when cornered by Chuck Todd about Trump's statements. If the Trump Administration was as smart as they like to think they are, they'd never let Mnuchin do these talk shows. He's terrible at them. Every time I've seen him speaking on television or social media, he reminds me of a weird Bond villain. So does his wife, for that matter.

Maybe they should send Rudy...

Back