• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House Investigations: Impeachment inquiry is officially on

Dude it’s been on for over a day. Impeachment has been obvious since yesterday afternoon.

The 4PM caucus meeting is going to all but announce impeachment proceedings. RJ will announce this sometime next week.

And in a few years maybe JManslow will grow up and take some actual actions rather than blaming others.

My bad. What am I thinking? Bitching online and being outraged in a meeting are actions to him.

RJ, what changed from 48 hours ago to make you suddenly support (and sound extremely enthused about) impeachment?

And in a few years maybe JManslow will grow up and take some actual actions rather than blaming others.

My bad. What am I thinking? Bitching online and being outraged in a meeting are actions to him.

Compared to what you do all day ?

The Ukraine stuff made it an imperative. If you actually read what I've posted (not that I posted it), you would have seen I was going for the most impact on the election for my timing. My posts showed I wanted to get the GOP out of the Senate and WH by having the public hearings and evidence produced when people are thinking about voting not a year in advance.

Dems would get more at the ballot box next spring and summer than this fall and winter. I've never just wanted to get rid of Trump. My position has been to get rid of him, Moscow Mitch and other GOP Senators.

Additionally, I didn't want to give Trump an out by saying he was "totally exonerated" by not being convicted in the Senate.

I realize you want what you want and you want it when you want it. I don't want a one point victory. I want a blowout and to dominate the election.

The Ukraine stuff made it an imperative. If you actually read what I've posted (not that I posted it), you would have seen I was going for the most impact on the election for my timing. My posts showed I wanted to get the GOP out of the Senate and WH by having the public hearings and evidence produced when people are thinking about voting not a year in advance.

Dems would get more at the ballot box next spring and summer than this fall and winter. I've never just wanted to get rid of Trump. My position has been to get rid of him, Moscow Mitch and other GOP Senators.

Additionally, I didn't want to give Trump an out by saying he was "totally exonerated" by not being convicted in the Senate.

I realize you want what you want and you want it when you want it. I don't want a one point victory. I want a blowout and to dominate the election.

So when Pelosi starts the impeachment process this afternoon, will you still think she should have waited till the spring?

As I've said, the world has changed in the past week. The crimes that came out over the past few days are far easier to understand for the public. Plus, there are lines that are so blatant that strategies have to change.

The reality is until the Ukraine events were made public my position was far more radical than yours and others who wanted proceedings to have started already. I wanted to round them all up and get rid of everyone. By having started impeachment before Ukraine, some would slip through. Others wouldn't be touched and it would have been old news.

As the great philosopher Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

If you believe the job of Congress is to hold the executive branch responsible for its actions then you should support impeachment no matter the political cost, with that said this shit is going to drag for a long time, hopefully give the house more power to actually investigate, trump testifying will be a shit show of epic proportions, and in the end it’s not about swaying the rube cult it’s about energizing Democrats and moderates.

As I've said, the world has changed in the past week. The crimes that came out over the past few days are far easier to understand for the public. Plus, there are lines that are so blatant that strategies have to change.

The reality is until the Ukraine events were made public my position was far more radical than yours and others who wanted proceedings to have started already. I wanted to round them all up and get rid of everyone. By having started impeachment before Ukraine, some would slip through. Others wouldn't be touched and it would have been old news.

As the great philosopher Mike Tyson said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

You were against immediate impeachment after the Ukraine story came out.

You were against immediate impeachment after the Ukraine story came out.

The Ukraine stuff has taken much more flight in the past 72 hours.

Again, you won't address the fact that you wanted immediate gratifications versus me wanting annihilation. Your position would have brought fewer wins and less impact.

As opposed to being the "boot licker" you called me, I posted over and over again that my plan was to be an ass kicker to all not just one. But you won't admit your simplistic, boorish mistake.

The Ukraine stuff has taken much more flight in the past 72 hours.

Again, you won't address the fact that you wanted immediate gratifications versus me wanting annihilation. Your position would have brought fewer wins and less impact.

As opposed to being the "boot licker" you called me, I posted over and over again that my plan was to be an ass kicker to all not just one. But you won't admit your simplistic, boorish mistake.

Imagine what could have been uncovered if Pelosi hadn’t wasted months by delaying impeachment investigations and the subpoenas that come with it.

Back