• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

House of Cards (End Date Set/Spacey Accused Sexual Assault)

bro, you gotta put something that late season in spoiler tags.. fixed.

Just finished. Shit be happenin.

Without reading any posts from the last couple days, what's the status of this thread? Are people just analyzing any and everything? Or no spoilers?

Without reading any posts from the last couple days, what's the status of this thread? Are people just analyzing any and everything? Or no spoilers?

People have been pretty good about noting the spoilers. I am almost done and have been following the thread since the release and have avoided spoilers.

If you're going to post something relating to anything a bit past the first few episodes it's probs best just to put it in spoiler tags and warn peeps as well at the top of the post.

Anyone think there is a chance Stamper is alive? I know they showed him the next day but I could see the cops finding him "just in time to maintain brain function!" or something like that.

Sadly, no, I don't think that's going to happen.

Speaking of Claire being a babe, anyone here seen the movie Adore? Its on the flix. Cliffs - Robin Wright and Naomi Watts are best friends and end up banging each others 20 year old sons.

I've started to dislike this show. Two reasons.

The Underwoods are shitty people. Both of them. We've seen it multiple times from Frank, and while I think it is still obvious with Claire, I have a feeling we'll see worse soon (currently on episode 5, season 2). That's fine for tv. But stop trying to show them as sympathetic to make the audience question.

But that's small fish. The main thing is Frank just always wins. It'd be one thing to have a show where he uses politics bs and influence and legal loopholes to manipulate his way in the world, but when he can't do that, he just kills the person. It's lazy writing. It's cheating. And they have minor losses for Frank, but they're either negligible or just later covered up by death or enslavement.

Maybe things will change. But I doubt it.

There are a lot of parallels with the British version, so i think that's why the big spoiler in Ep 1 S2 was so... clunky

But yes, Francis and Claire are assholes, it's supposed to be a negative view of government and how power inspires monsters blah blah blah

The Underwoods are shitty people. Both of them. We've seen it multiple times from Frank, and while I think it is still obvious with Claire, I have a feeling we'll see worse soon (currently on episode 5, season 2). That's fine for tv. But stop trying to show them as sympathetic to make the audience question.

But that's small fish. The main thing is Frank just always wins. It'd be one thing to have a show where he uses politics bs and influence and legal loopholes to manipulate his way in the world, but when he can't do that, he just kills the person. It's lazy writing. It's cheating. And they have minor losses for Frank, but they're either negligible or just later covered up by death or enslavement.

lol at this. that's the point of the show, to force the viewer to reconcile their feelings of disgust with the unsettling feeling of cheering for these two and the inevitability of the bad guys winning

I'm only through 3 eps of S2 but while Im still on board more or less, Im sorta with you on this.

Frank's whole freaking trench coat and hat inspector gadget outfit in the one blind spot on the platform was soo corndogg.

And when betamale reporter bro sits down with the police dude to check the video they dont bother to rewind like 1 minute in the footage where they would clearly see her talking to someone on the other side of the barrier.

The show goes to such lengths to cover detail at some junctures and then just completely glosses over others. Maybe that footage will be revisited, we'll see.

I am personally hoping that Frank gets the balls to confront someone who isnt a chick or passed out bro at some point and gets fucking owned. Notice that he didnt try and fight back the teamster bro.

I'm only through 3 eps of S2 but while Im still on board more or less, Im sorta with you on this.

Frank's whole freaking trench coat and hat inspector gadget outfit in the one blind spot on the platform was soo corndogg.

And when betamale reporter bro sits down with the police dude to check the video they dont bother to rewind like 1 minute in the footage where they would clearly see her talking to someone on the other side of the barrier.

The show goes to such lengths to cover detail at some junctures and then just completely glosses over others. Maybe that footage will be revisited, we'll see.

I am personally hoping that Frank gets the balls to confront someone who isnt a chick or passed out bro at some point and gets fucking owned. Notice that he didnt try and fight back the teamster bro.

Exactly, and rewind prior to that to see inspector gadget enter... or keep the tape rolling after the train hits her to see him exit.

And given the people killed for convenience, why keep the hooker alive?

Exactly, and rewind prior to that to see inspector gadget enter... or keep the tape rolling after the train hits her to see him exit.

And given the people killed for convenience, why keep the hooker alive?

Stamper is crushing on the hooker girl.

Eh I think he was still out of view on the tape since he was standing behind the angled off part of the fence. He then walked out on the other side of the platform so it wouldn't show on that tape, though I imagine in real life they'd be checking multiple cameras (assuming other cameras existed).

Eh I think he was still out of view on the tape since he was standing behind the angled off part of the fence. He then walked out on the other side of the platform so it wouldn't show on that tape, though I imagine in real life they'd be checking multiple cameras (assuming other cameras existed).

Yes, but you'd also see her standing against that fence, maybe moving her mouth talking, then playing with her phone, and then angrily turning to follow someone. And then see him leave from behind that immediately after looking sketch as hell.

And yes, multiple cameras.

Also, can someone explain the cuff links? Did he actually get cuff links saying FU? Because I thought he showed them to Claire and she reacted something like, how nice.

Back