• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Can I F—k With Him? —Trump’s War on Amazon and the Washington Post

i'm not defending anything, i'm pointing out that there are large and varied interests at play and Trump's personal vendettas affect actual human beings

i'm not defending anything, i'm pointing out that there are large and varied interests at play and Trump's personal vendettas affect actual human beings
In a vacuum, sure those are legitimite concerns about a president using his influence to carry out a vendetta against a corporation. But this isn't occurring in a vacuum.

1. Trump's Presidency has been vastly ineffective in weaponizing market forces

2. Many of Trumps complaints about Amazon are true, or are grounded in truth.

3. Amazon's monopoly and market domination have been in large part encouraged and subsidized by government will. Amazon has grown substantially during Trump's presidency.

and please don't concern troll about potential jobs being lost at Amazon. Do you know how many people have lost jobs BECAUSE of Amazon? Where was your concern then?

https://newrepublic.com/article/147740/no-sympathy-amazon

i don't believe for a minute trump has any opinion on Amazon's business model other than:

a) who runs it
b) does that person suck up to me

b/c if the answer to B is 'yes', then Bezos would probably be secretary of labor or some other bullshit position of power to be abused for Amazon's benefit

so your real-world concerns are less of a concern than the capricious attitudes of the President's whims

i don't believe for a minute trump has any opinion on Amazon's business model other than:

a) who runs it

b/c if the answer to B is 'yes', then Bezos would probably be secretary of labor or some other bullshit position of power to be abused for Amazon's benefit

so your real-world concerns are less of a concern than the capricious attitudes of the President's whims
Does Trump actually care about Amazons business model? Hell no. Did the 17 Democrat senators who voted for the CRAPO bill all have pure motives? Hell no. While we're all being hypocrites and picking and choosing when to care about the justice of political influence, I choose not give a fuck about Trump's vendetta against Bezos.

Great time for you #resistance folks to finally say something about authoritarianism, when you're stanning for a fucking billionaire. Jesus thats gross.

Yeah, but the resistance is rooted Trump's motivation. He is not going after Amazon because they are unfair to the working man, he is going after Amazon because Amazon's Owner also owns a news paper that Trump doesn't like. Most of the Anti-Trust problems and labor force problems you are upset with Amazon about are also prevalent in corporations like Walmart, but the Walton's don't own the Washington Post.

Amazon controls 15% of the e-commerce business. That's a monopoly?

Sure. Or even a broken clock is right twice a day, and billionaires are indefensible. It turns out that the enemy of enemy isnt always my friend.

on the day of his child's birth, MDMH becomes a trump supporting conservative

MDMH, who is saying all this stuff you’re arguing against?

Does Amazon pay all the taxes they are legally obligated to pay?

Do they pay their employees what they are legally required to pay?

Are others free to compete with Amazon?

Maybe the problem is not Amazon.

Well said. I’m less worried about Amazon doing the right thing than the pressure on Amazon to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Who were the two candidates who talked of term limits, eliminating crappy trade deals and busting up the mega-media oligopoly?

A: Bernie and Trump

Who was the only voice heard defending Bernie Sanders when the DNC criminally hosed his election chances?

A: only Donald Trump

Bernie got the use of a private jet and his 3rd and newest crib out on Lake Champlain and quietly left his people out in the cold night in Philadelphia.

Who received active support from the Russians?

Who made a speech imploring the Russians to meddle further in the election?

a) who runs it

What’s this guys excuse?

“Bernie Sanders sides with Trump on Amazon getting too big”

TERENCE CULLEN APR 1, 2018 1:19 PM
President Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders at least agree on one thing: Amazon is a problem.

Sanders lashed out against the e-commerce giant Sunday, arguing the Seattle-based company’s growth has killed small business.

Who received active support from the Russians?

Who made a speech imploring the Russians to meddle further in the election?

Who actually paid the Russians to meddle in the election?

Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee

Back